first bottling: mango

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scensce

Junior
Reaction score
I just recently bottled my first batch of wine, made with mangos. After some learning experiences, I had about a half gallon of wine left over. I used the smaller 375 ml bottles to spread it out to as many bottles as I could (only 4). After bottling, I had a little bit left in my half gallon carboy that I tasted to see what was going on with it. It smelled like commercial wine but tasted very light. The after taste seemed right, but the initial 'first impression' taste was missing something. Will leaving it in the corked bottle help that or did I need more tannin or acid when I was mixing it up at the start?

thanks in advance for any advice!

I personally think a little age on it will make an amazing difference. Fruit wines tend to begin coming into their own after about a year.

Flavor profiles in any wine will will take time to come around. The fruit will take approx. 4-6 months to really start coming through. Patience will reward you in time.
Edited by: wade

Latest posts

Back