First batches 2012

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you may have seen my post about acid reflux.

The latest batch is done and we used only 15 oz of lemon and 15 oz of lime.

It came out great.

See my other posts on how we back flavored and sweetened.

No acid reflux with this latest batch.

I think you may have seen my post about acid reflux.

The latest batch is done and we used only 15 oz of lemon and 15 oz of lime.

It came out great.

See my other posts on how we back flavored and sweetened.

No acid reflux with this latest batch.
now do you mean 15 oz of each TOTAL, or do u mean 15 oz of each, instead of adding the last 32 oz after fermentation took off?

30 oz total, 15 oz of each at the start, none at the end.
ok.....thank you very much for the info....greatly appreciated....hopefully if all goes well, i should be starting this sometime this weekend...racked 2 of my kits into carboys last night....saved the lees from my apricot peach mist kit, and put it into a sanitized container in my fridge....hard to believe just getting started again, and i'm gonna wind up with 6 batches of goodies going at once....lol...guess i'll have plenty to drink this year...

One batch is almost clear, the other is clearing about 1/3 of the way down the carboy. This batch had a higher sg when transferred so that is to be anticipated. I'll likely stabilize and back sweeten the middle of next month then allow to clear on their own.

Racked off the heavy lees last night. Both batches were almost totally clear. Added Kmeta and sorbate. Will look to rack again in about 2 weeks then back sweeten and adjust lemon taste. We ususally add about 1/4-1/2 cup of lemon back into the pee after sweetening.

Hoping to get a 3rd batch started today or over the weekend.

Back sweetened our lone jug of pee yesterday to 1.010. Can you say WOW, this is going to be a good summer. Glad I have 2 bathces ready for back sweetening and another underway.....

Bottled 5 gallons of pee yesterday. I'm going to filter my other 5 gallon batch since we will may be taking some to my son's wedding in April.

Latest posts

Back