Finer Wine Kit Finer Wine Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought Matteo owned Label Peelers. Is this not true?
The relationship between Label Peelers and FWK is a little fuzzy to me, but I associate Matteo more with FWK and Matt more with Label Peelers. If you watch any of their videos on YouTube, they introduce themselves as "Matteo from Finer Wine Kits" and "Matt from Label Peelers."

Joe, that is Ordinary Differential Equations and Partial Differential Equations. It has to do with the number independent variables in question. ODEs have only 1 independent variable while PDEs can have 2 or more independent variables.
I’m getting old🧐to many pew, Ed’s, I only understand verbiage 😩

I think I remember being told that Matt and Matteo have been buddies for a long time and my guess is probably why Matteo has agreed to a exclusive distributorship with LP. Also, FWK’s require some packaging equipment and freezers on site and I doubt most HBS stores would be willing to invest in that much capital.

Regarding color in the whites, here's a good illustration. The 23 liter carboy on the left is Chardonnay, the 19 liter carboy is Riesling, and the 4 liter jug is the same Riesling. Note the different colors of the Riesling, which is due to the depth of the wine, e.g., width of the container.

In the glass, both are in the normal range for their varietals.

whites.jpg

Regarding color in the whites, here's a good illustration. The 23 liter carboy on the left is Chardonnay, the 19 liter carboy is Riesling, and the 4 liter jug is the same Riesling. Note the different colors of the Riesling, which is due to the depth of the wine, e.g., width of the container.

In the glass, both are in the normal range for their varietals.

View attachment 84588

For that reason, I never really worry about color of my wine. If it’s tastes good, I’m happy

We kicked off the Pinot Noir this weekend. Reconstituted the juice and added all the goodies, but the yeast, on Friday. Then added the yeast on Saturday. OG is (as I predicted) 1.105. The yeast is just taking off - Looks and smells great. Will need to punch the wine when I get home.

@jgmann67 I'm in the same situation doing a Forte Pinot Noir, so am curious to see how it turns out.

We can compare notes. I’m doing this in my basement. 67 degrees. Going to ferment open till 1.000, then snap the lid shut for two weeks. I throw away the packet with sorbate and don’t use clarifiers.

Latest posts

Back