Finer Wine Kit Finer Wine Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My two kits of Bordeaux style arrived yesterday. My wife said they felt about room temp (outside temps in the mid 90s). She put the juice and skins in the fridge. I will take them out tonight and let them start coming to room temperature. Plan on pitching yeast Sunday. I ordered them with one grape pack each so they came without oak cubes (chips for fermenting were included). I anticipated that and ordered oak cubes separately. My philosophy is to make incremental improvements with each batch so for this I have purchased a 20 gal. Rubbermade Brute (white) and a second Big Mouth Bubbler. I will ferment both kits together and EM in the BMBs with a bag of skins and a cup of currants in each. Trying to give myself a shot at my best yet.

Sounds like everyone is having fun with these kits.
What are your thoughts on WHY?

Sounds like everyone is having fun with these kits.
What are your thoughts on WHY?

My guess as to why is that they are significantly better than other kits. Maybe better isn't the right word, but different and produce a better tasting wine sooner and probably with less tweaking required, at a better price point than the highest priced kits.

So were using fresh juice? ,a higher concentration of fresh juice as compared to a juice bucket slightly delouted, were as a kit is highly concentrated and water is added to it.
I think the difference is that its just that different from the kit norm and bucket juice usual 🤔.
Thoughts?
It actually reminded me of when I first started out crushing the grapes that's the consistency of the package. The density of the color and the process in volved.

Last edited:
I would like to know from were the products begins from what grape type?, origin ,small things not in the style of?
Or is that to much 🤔 to need,?
I'll make it a winner anyway just would like to know 😏

I saw the same thing and nearly purchased one of the Super Tuscan, before they were sold out. I would certainly order at least one of the grape packs they sell with those and maybe even the double. It sounds like something worth trying. Cost-wise it seemed a little bit less expensive than some of the others, obviously no idea about quality, but I will be trying these in the future.
Super Tuscon is back in stock. Just noticed today

I would like to know from were the products begins from what grape type?, origin ,small things not in the style of?
Or is that to much 🤔 to need,?
I'll make it a winner anyway just would like to know 😏
The descriptions on the LP page are pretty detailed. I don't think I've read all of them but for the ones I have read all the grapes are grown in Lodi CA.

Any one with the same experience with the White?
Thanks for the Red reply
I'm doing the Finer Wine Sauvignon Blanc and it is clearing nicely. It started a little slow, but I got it moved to a cooler spot(71 degrees, that's the best I can do!) It is much darker in color than previous Sauvignon Blanc kits that I have made, so not sure why, but it did have a nice taste(for that stage) when I racked to the 6 gallon carboy from the fermenter.

Last edited:
I am thinking about trying their Pinot Noir kit. Should I go with one pack of skins or none at all? Any other thoughts on this kit are welcomed.

I am thinking about trying their Pinot Noir kit. Should I go with one pack of skins or none at all? Any other thoughts on this kit are welcomed.

I haven't made the Pinot Noir from Finer Wines, but I think I would go with one skin pack. It will add that little something to the mix, in my opinion. But, if you decide none, I'm certain it will make a fine wine as well.

I haven't made the Pinot Noir from Finer Wines, but I think I would go with one skin pack. It will add that little something to the mix, in my opinion. But, if you decide none, I'm certain it will make a fine wine as well.
That's my thinking as well since most Pinot kits do not come with grape skins.

Back