Mosti Mondiale Finally Started my Meglioli Barolo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masta

Reaction score
After looking at 6 kits on the floor in the fermentation room for a few weeks due to lack of vessel space I made up five kits today!Made upmy Mosti Meglioli Barolo in the brand new 10 gal trash can fermenter. It will be interesting to see how much foam I see with this one.

20070406_132856_P1010010_Medium.JPG

Left to right:

Mosti Mondiale Meglioli Limited Edition Barolo
RJ SpagnolsCru Select RQ New Zealand Unoaked Chardonnay
RJ Spagnols Cru Select RQ Italian Montepulciano-Cabernet-Merlot
2 Batches of Winexpert World Vineyard White Trinity

Edited by: masta

Looking good Masta! What is that under the corker mounted to the front of the bench, a temp/ humidity checker?

Wade,

The orange is the handles on my trusty clamp I use for racking (I keep it there so I always know where it is) and the black thing is a wine kit bag opener.

That Barolo looks really good in that 10 gallon pail. I definately want to see pictures of it fermenting just to see how big it gets.

WOW!
usually i see more carboy than primary buckets
smiley2.gif

On my side My meglioli Rojo grande dosent make foam at all.
after my raisin addition the foam on top dissapeared
(like if there was something on the raisin that broke the "foam"

now it's fermenting great and no foam at all.
i can see all the nice raisin all round and floating.

your 10 gallon trash can fermentor came into my mind as could that fermentation draw the plastic/rubber from the trash can into the wine?

I'm sure Masta used a food grade plastic can, which won't take on the plastic any more than a normal plastic primary bucket. I've been wanting to get one myself but haven't yet. As my vines mature and I get larger crops, larger primaries will become a necessity.

Yes it is a food grade primary sold for wine making...George calls them a trash can since they look like one and I agree.

smiley15.gif
I put that "trash can" in there just to see if someone would ask about it...sorry!
smiley36.gif

masta said:
Yes it is a food grade primary sold for wine making...George calls them a trash can since they look like one and I agree.

smiley15.gif
I put that "trash can" in there just to see if someone would ask about it...sorry!
smiley36.gif

OK!OK! Where do I sign!!! You know for that nice land you have for sale!
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley4.gif

Looking good Masta. I like that "trash can" fermenter too. I would have to make me a "start mark" on it though just too see how much it does grow during fermentation. Keep the pictures a coming.

That's all I use are those "trash can" fermenters. They seem to work just fine. I prefer the extra room for when you are doing large kits, beer with high krausen, and grape pack kits.

After using it for this kit I would agree Dean and I have seen about 3 inches of foam on top of the liquid which shouldn't have been an issue in a normal 7.9 gal bucket.

Back