Filter question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how well we have learned tepe its whats in the bottle that really counts ,aroma ,taste. texture,all the conponients wine is made of,in some cases unfiltered wine in cal. is becoming a green thing,or natural filterring as they say,,we all get there in the end either by trial and error .amend

appleman said:
vcasey you are hereby fined $500 for DWC- Drinking While Computing!
smiley36.gif

smiley4.gif
Honest it was just water ..........

I promise not to do that again ......... Well until next time.

During filtration are you loseing much of the body, just curious since i have never used one thus far?

I have never noticed a difference at all and have done side by side tests.

Thanks for all the responses. I think Im going to try the gravity filter and then perhaps upgrade.

However, I called a LHBS and asked if they carried the gravity filter. He says yes but that I dont want that one...I want the blah blah blah (cant remember the name). Oh, and how much does that run? Well its $400 for the bottling system and $200 for the filter attachment and $35 for the filters, but I have to get several kinds...Im thinking yeah right...

I ask, how much is the gravity filter, a Vinbrite...$36...well thats a no brainer.

He must have recommended the Enolmatic! Sweet toy but the price tag hurts a lot!

That is why you have to love George here. He tells it like it is. He will sell you the big toys if you want, but makes sure you know what your choices are first- telling you the good points and bad points of each.

Back