Ferrari auto bottler

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pizz65

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to adjust the amount of wine that goes into the bottle?? The first couple of times I used it it was awesome but now it is putting to much into the bottle.
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif

You adjust by turning the screw on the side but also watch that the rubber end that fits into the bottle doesnt slip up or down. I just discovered that mine is cracked (split) and slips pretty far so Ill have to glue it with crazy glue later on.

Well I'm looking and I see no screw on the side or anywhere for that matter

Wade has the Buon Vino filler not the Ferrari. They are made differently. Not sure about it because I don't have that one either. Hopefully someone who uses one will chime in and help you out.

20100712_094006_yhst-5433470138.png

I think you adjust the red screw on top. I had one and used it on one batch and it never would shut off even when it was shut off. Just kept leaking. I sent it back to George and swapped it out for the Buon Vino Auto Filler and have used it (happily) for about 6 or 7 kits now and love it.
smiley20.gif

Ooops, Thanks appleman for telling me which product I own. I get the 2 mixed up all the time as there is no name on it, Sorry Frank! Did you find that screw yet?
smiley36.gif

You gotta keep an eye on wade Frank..He'll put the screws to ya iffen he gets a chance
smiley36.gif

ibglowin said:
I had one and used it on one batch and it never would shut off even when it was shut off. Just kept leaking. I sent it back to George and swapped it out for the Buon Vino Auto Filler and have used it (happily) for about 6 or 7 kits now and love it.
smiley20.gif

I had just the opposite experience, bought the Buon Vino Auto Filler and could not stop it from leaking. Then bought the Ferrari Auto Bottler and love it. Very easy to use, yes it does leak a little wine when bottling but nothing like the Buon Vino Auto Filler. I have bottled over 20 kits with great results.

So, I guess that is why both units are still on the market. One person's delight is another one's poison.

Robert

I use the Buon Vino Auto Filler with the asperator, but it's not as "automatic" as I'd like - I always end up stopping it manually and then manually topping it off just to make sure the levels are right and I'm not sending too much wine to the overflow container. It is super quick with that asperator though, so I can't really complain...

I love the Boun Vino with aspirator set up also and have very little problems with it. I have to keep the screw almost all the way out and the vacuum very low but with that set like that its pretty much hands free.

Latest posts

Back