fermenting ?'s

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clutch13

Junior
Reaction score
i fermented my must for 7 days (rasberry from whole pressed fruit)
i see that my airlock is still bubbling pretty consistentantly. i checked gravity and it hasnt change alot from when i started. it started at 1.130 and 7 days later it is 1.09. is it just taking longer or did i screw it up

Its changed a lot really. Kind of a high sg level to start with, depending on the yeast it may die soon do to high adv level. I have a wine thats been fermenting almost 2 weeks its still dropping and thats all I care about, stir it once a day.

Yep, get some o2 to it, as in stir it good. Make sure it is warm (in the mid 70's) keep the fermenter off the concrete, carpet, boards, cardboard underneath it. You started out pretty high, it probably won't ferment out to dry. Add some yeast energizer and nutrient. And the last thing is patience. Good luck with it, Arne.

i started with a yeast that tolerates up to 18 percent_ the must temp is about 72 degrees. iwill let it go another week. thanks

Latest posts

Back