WineXpert Fermentation Question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny

Reaction score
Making my first wine kit in three years - a Selection Red Zin, using Red Star Premier Cuvee yeast. Do not seem to be getting the vigorous fermentation that I recall from past kits & country wines that I had made. Also made 3 or 4 beer fermentations, so may be recalling those fermentations.Took the lid off the fermentor and there is no "must" on the surface - just a flat surface with some "fizzing" going on.Bubbling in the airlock is very infrequent (once every minute or two).

Temp. is around 72 deg.

Did check S.G. this morning andwas surprised that ithas dropped from 1.092 to 1.04 in these 3 days, so all should be well. Just wondered if this is sometimes normal, especially regarding the type of yeast used?

Think I answered my own question. Went to the Red Star web site for this yeast and it states that Premier Cuvee is a "low foaming" yeast.

Apparently have never used this yeast before.

I have 3 kits going now with this yeast and I saw no foam at all with mine either.
Welcome back to wine making and to the Forum Danny..glad to have you aboard!

Latest posts

Back