'Easy' wine contest

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codeman

Reaction score
I'm looking to enter my wine in a few contests this year. Are there some contests that tend to place wines higher?

Yeah yeah I know a gold medal doesn't mean anything if they hand them out like candy but I'm looking for some encouragement.

:) Give a Bottle to a local wino on the street corner. He will praise the heck out of you. There are no losers in his eyes. :)

For encouragement you might see if there is a local wine makers club and share your wine with some of the better wine makers there. That won't be about winning but it will be about getting some useful feedback.

Winemaker Magazine has one coming up, as long as your wine is a typical of the kind and doesnt show any imagination it should do very well :) WVMJ

I think if you keep an open mind and don't take any comments personally, any contest that provides detailed feedback would be worthwhile. If you read through the competition threads, you'll find the ones that are worthwhile and those that aren't. The ones that seem to get good feedback are the MVWS and Cellarmasters (LA) contests.

I entered several wines in the Central States Fair in Rapid City last summer. I found most all the comments useful and they were very encouraging. I also entered in my local county fair, but there was only one other entrant so not a lot of comparison.

Latest posts

Back