Done harvesting Elderberries

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtstar

Reaction score
Well I have to stop harvesting elderberries by orders of my wife but honey I only have 50.5 lbs of berries but I still hear no more so I guess if I want to sleep on my three inches of bed I had better listen. But the good news is it is time to start picking black cherrys I had to go out to the state extension office and I noticed that they had some red currants planted across from the office and I asked if I could harvest the berries and they said yes and that there was also some black cherry over there also so I went out there today to check the plants and the black cherry is ready to pick but not the red currants so here I go again :db

Well I have to stop harvesting elderberries by orders of my wife but honey I only have 50.5 lbs of berries but I still hear no more so I guess if I want to sleep on my three inches of bed I had better listen. But the good news is it is time to start picking black cherrys I had to go out to the state extension office and I noticed that they had some red currants planted across from the office and I asked if I could harvest the berries and they said yes and that there was also some black cherry over there also so I went out there today to check the plants and the black cherry is ready to pick but not the red currants so here I go again :db

Apparently you haven't been making any wine that she likes if she is tellling you to stop :)

I have about 45#'s and a friend who got me about another 20#'s, that is enough for me, especially this year, since I have a pile of concord grapes coming my way.

I have not found a wine that my wife likes, my wife don't drink that might have something to do with it

Are you going to get the cuttings up there, Jack? If so I will find somebody that will plant these. The currants should be long done for this year. Mite be a very few berries left, but mine have been done for quite a while. If you get too many of the sweet cherries, let me know. I started a sweet cherry, strawberry that although young yet, is going to be one of the best I have made. Take care, Arne.

Yes I am still planning on coming up I was just telling the wife that we are going to take a road trip and come up to your place then her brothers place on the same weekend.

My wife picks the berries, I get to make the wine and clean everything up, we bottle together, and she is gracious enough to share some of it with me. I have no elderberries to pick this year, wife not happy with that, she loves elderberry wine, calms her down real good, can I come over to your house and pick the ones you are not allowed to pick?

Crackedcork

you would be more then welcome I would even take you out to where they are where I ended up getting mine I only stopped in one spot and got over nineteen gallon tub full

Latest posts

Back