Doing A Little Bartering

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
One of my vendors from work that makes the switch/pushbutton tags for the control panels on our systems has taken a liking to some of my wines and had told me a while back that he was going to try something and if I liked it he would do me some along in exchange for some of my wines. It turns out that what he was going to try was laser engraving wine bottles with "The Cats Meow Winery" . I got my first bottle the other day and I think I will be doing a little bartering.How do you guys/gals think it looks? Granted, all my bottles would not have the logo and I would use these for a few bottles of each of the wines I make to give as gifts.
20070426_015357_DSCN0040.JPG
Edited by: Waldo

Totally freaken awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNREAL Waldo, How can we even beging to keep up with you now? Wait I know, I will have some bottles handblown in the shape of the Appleman! But what will I do when I become the Grapeman, I'll still have 20,000 Appleman bottles left!
smiley36.gif

Truely awesome!

Waldo, OUTSTANDING!

I love the look of the Laser engraved, very nice.

I guess gold leaf replacing the foil-cap is next??
smiley20.gif

I got to line up some vendors like yours.

Do you know what type of equipment he uses to make the engraving?

A friend of ours who is a sign makers bought a lazer engraver. She said it cost her about 15,000(CDN). I never though of doing that but what a great idea.

Thanks yet again Waldo

Grant

Waldo,

Fantastic looking bottles. You are such a pro. That bartering system works out pretty well!!! So far I'm making kit wines for a share of the batch for a couple of people and will soon get my hands on some Muscadines ( which I will be seeking your advice on) and berries. Maybe I can find a maid who drinks.......lol.

Ramona

line04.gif
Edited by: rgecaprock

That's awesome
smiley20.gif
! Plus, they can return the bottles to you for refill and you don't have to do any lable removal
smiley11.gif
! Bonus!

Thanks all.....I really liked the look too. I dropped off 6 more bottles this morning and took the bottle to show him what it looked like with the wine in it. He liked it too.

Fantastic Waldo. I was looking to get a few bottles done by a commercial company and when I found out the price I said forget it. This is very expensive to get done. You are real lucky my friend.
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0">Bill

Waldo

Thanx for all you input and ideas. You're fun and interesting to read. The NEW bottle looks fantastic and you deserve it. Bartering is always the best way. Many people are so talented and creative - just wish I was one of them. Keep up the great work and enjoy the grape - there are so many great ones to try.

In the process of making my wine room and am taking some leads from yours. Will be 7x11 when done and should be just fine for us. Starting to frame tomarrow. Just was looking thru Georges catalog while having a glass of Pinot Grigio (commercial) and hit the order button - hummmmmmmmmmmm - $300 does not do to much !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well - now I must get started - ------------

Thanx again

rrawhide

Thanks rrawhide and hope your home wine making experience will be as fun and fulfilling as mine has been.

Waldo, you have outdone yourself again........ Way to go......

I agree, fantastic. Maybe I ought to drag out the Dremal Engraver and see what kind of damage I can do
smiley29.gif

That is just beautiful, Waldo! You certainly will have the best dressed bottles in town!

Latest posts

Back