Dogs got into primary!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirbyclk

Reaction score
Started 6 gal of Island Mist Wildberry Shiraz tonight. Placed a clean tshirt over bucket and laid the lid loosely on top. Sat it in my primary room on the floor.

Went to dinner, came home and saw my primary lid in the living room. Uh oh... I go into the wine room and the tshirt is laying on top of the must partly covered in the juice!

I am not sure if my dogs drank out of the bucket or if they just got the lid off to play with it.

Anyways, I put another tshirt over the bucket and loosely put the lid back on, this time closing the door to my wine room.

Do you think this batch is still ok?

if i had to bet...i would say they had their mouths in it....hate to be the bearer of bad news, but what dog doesnt stick their mouth into any and all foods to find out whats going on

its your call of course...but .......

I would go ahead and finish the wine. When you get around to drinking it and then start barking we can all learn from this.

Sorry but that is funny. I've heard the whole dogs mouth is cleaner than humans. But I've seen dogs eat their own puke, horse crap, coon crap, etc. Yuck

Depends on if the dog just got done cleaning himself!!!!:s Seriously though I bet there is a label that could be designed around this!

Sorry but that is funny. I've heard the whole dogs mouth is cleaner than humans. But I've seen dogs eat their own puke, horse crap, coon crap, etc. Yuck

Can't imagine the clean mouth thing. This weekend we figured out why the cats litter box is always clean.:s

am i reading this right???

and please bear in mind..i love dogs...and have other animals as well

and i have heard all the stories on dogs mouths and cats and how clean they are..and i know all about the alcohol killing germs....

but are you guys telling me you feel good about drinking wine that a dog has been slurping..lets set aside whether these dogs did or did not get in the wine above..

just the principle here...dog drinks wine and then you feel good/ok about not only drinking it but also giving it to family and friends?

something wrong w that....and i feel for the guy because no one wants to lose fifty to a hundred bucks

I'd say that batch is pooched.
th_corny.gif

is the myth about a dogs mouth being cleaner than a human mouth true? :slp

Seriously! Have you watched what, where, and how often a dog licks different parts? :a1

Our dog has really bad breath and we thought it had tooth gum problems. The vet disagreed and suggested it was because of the areas it had been licking. Garbage in / Garbage Out

but are you guys telling me you feel good about drinking wine that a dog has been slurping..lets set aside whether these dogs did or did not get in the wine above..
Your problem is you've never seen what goes on in a vineyard or at harvest! Do you think every insect or spyder jumps off before it ends up in the must?

Fred

am i reading this right???

and please bear in mind..i love dogs...and have other animals as well

and i have heard all the stories on dogs mouths and cats and how clean they are..and i know all about the alcohol killing germs....

just the principle here...dog drinks wine and then you feel good/ok about not only drinking it but also giving it to family and friends?

something wrong w that....and i feel for the guy because no one wants to lose fifty to a hundred bucks

I guess you don't give your dog a few licks of your ice cream cone then either?:f

not while i intend on finishing it off myself...if i am done w it that is another story...to me its the principle....i am going to be frank......no matter what anyone says ..if you ( the figurative you) knew your dog had been into the wine and then you offered it to me or anyone else then that is a disgrace:gn

not while i intend on finishing it off myself...if i am done w it that is another story...to me its the principle....i am going to be frank......no matter what anyone says ..if you ( the figurative you) knew your dog had been into the wine and then you offered it to me or anyone else then that is a disgrace:gn

I gotta say I agree with you on that Al. I love all my animals but when it comes to eating/drinknig after my animals thats one thing I don't under any circumstance do. I can't even stand it when they try the face licking deal. I know some people can do it but not me shiversssss.

Seriously! Have you ever thought about how much crap in the air lands on food, fruit everyday. Dog pee's in the garden, you pick a strawberry from the garden and eat it! Are you telling me you've never picked a grape off a vine and ate it? Or do you seriously go and wash it?

Now if the wine was finished ok its crap. but it was just started! It hasn't even fermented yet! It will be perfectly fine.

well far as I'm concerned it's just one of those things a phobia or whatever you want to call it but I won't even let my kids drink from my drink if they do they keep it cause I won't finish it. LOL Just one of my little quirks

Back