does juice brand matter?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigwheel

Reaction score
my wife picked up 3 32 oz wal mart 100 % lemon but it has perzvatives can u use this and bought real lemons too. the slurrys people talk about are not on lons site ?

reason im really hesatating ...i ventured off and tried making a batch of wine out of some slushie mixs my wife give me it had a lot of white grape juice in it but it would not ferment....mabye it needed a slurry?
:gb

Using a slurry will kick off your fermentation. The preservatives you mentioned may just be for freshness. Not knowing what ingredients there are I can't help further with that.

If not using a slurry then using a yeast starter helps out.

my wife picked up 3 32 oz wal mart 100 % lemon but it has perzvatives can u use this and bought real lemons too. the slurrys people talk about are not on lons site ?
No I would not use
You want 100% juice and no preservatives. It will be VERY hard to start and keep it going. What's in it?

What are the preservatives? If it has sorbate you won't be able to get a fermentation going, if it has sulfites, you should be fine. I don't think there is sorbate in this, I have used a generic Real Lemon concentrate before for Skeeter Pee and it worked.

Do you understand what a slurry is? When you make a wine and rack from the primary to a secondary, what you have left behind in the primary is your slurry. A slurry is the yeast that has eaten it's fill and has dropped to the bottom of your primary.

the lemon juice ing.are lemon juice from con. lemon oil sodium bisulfite (says perservitive)sodium benzoate(perservative)thats on the wall mrt

the other question.this is a slush puppy it says high fruct. suryp..and or sugar 2% or less of con lemon juice sod,benzoate gum acacia glycerol ester of wood rosin bom soy oil yellow 5... guess i shoud not try this ? sorry about this one.

Latest posts

Back