Mosti Mondiale Does anyone have...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanie

Reaction score
...a list of dealers? They are not listed on their website. I sent an email to them 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing. Thanks.

Get your fix somewhere else woman!
15_8_219.gif
1_4_110.gif

No really, what kind of dealers are you looking for?

Edited by: wade

I went on their site and they do not list their retailers but will give you their closest by entering in your email address. They should really update that to include it. Do you have any wine supply retailers in your area? Just give them a call and they should help you out.

LOL Wade, I did the website email thing and have heard nothing from them! That's why I was asking if anyone had a list!
smiley17.gif

I emailed them last month asking if there were any dealers (OK, "retailers") in my area (Southern California).2 weeks later I got a reply saying the closest was this place in Texas called Fine Vine Wines!(Don't worry, George - you're still the man!But I can't get the frozen musts from you because I'm too far away).

Joan,

While MM has a good product, I think they are obviously deficient in computer/high tech communications. Just look at their website, which references product from 2005. If you filled out the form, you might have aform sitting on a server in some folder that an employee rarely reviews. I sent an email directly to customer service (Josee) a couple of weeks ago, and got a response within a day or two. Here's the link to the direct email contacts:

http://www.mostimondiale.com/english/contact_us.html

I too sent an e-mail asking for a list of retailers who sell the MM fresh juice and will share anything I get.
I did find this store in Latham NY which is a ride for you.

http://www.hammersmithhomebrew.com/

Would finding a retailer in Canada be an option?

Latham wouldn't be too bad for Joan, 2 or three hours on the Thruway. It's a couple hours away for me(although I used to make it in 90 minutes when I went through there going to college). Looks like their pickup is October 12 to 14. I see their headquarters is in Montreal. Seems like they must have a store there too. That would only be about an hour away.

Montreal there is a store named Mosti mondiale 2000

in iberville between montreal and the borders there is also mosti product
the shop is Cellier d'iberville

Latham's at least three hours from me. I was hoping for something within 100 miles!
smiley19.gif

david,
Too bad I'm not the one looking for the Mosti frozen juice or even fresh. You keep getting closer to me all the time. I should have enough fresh juice of my own this fall, but I will certainly keep it in mind as another source. My sister, her husband and I sometimes go across the border for wine supplies. I got my floor corker across the border for about $35 after exchange! Where are you in Quebec?

Hi,

I live in St-jean sur richelieu (you can type J2W 3C8 in maps.google.com to see the city i live in.
it's about 25 minute south of montreal.

i talked about "iberville" shop because it's thetown just beside where i live and there is mosti product. for the fresh juice you have to order it some days before and you pick it up when it's shipped at the store (i think he dont have a fridge for those fresh pail.

The other store in Montreal is much more dedicated to Mosti product and they are runned by italians so they have a lots of strange bottles, fresh juice , kits and so on. so if you happen to be in montreal you should go take alook there, i think they can even have meglioli kit all year long since it's a "dedicated" mosti store.

While we are on the subject of dealers, can anybody locate a supplier of wine raisins and elderflower? I found a Canadian site but they no longer ship to the US because new Homeland Security regulations.

George, if you want to weigh in on this and tell me you are planning to offer them that would be good too.

P.

I would prefer to use varietal raisins rather than Sunmaid. Surely, there must be some way for us US winemakers to have the same free access to wine raisins as our Canadian brethren. The only suppliers of which I am aware are in Canada: ABC Cork Co. and Mosti Mondiale 2000in Quebec.See their Winemaker Mag listing for the St. Leonard store:

http://www.winemakermag.com/referenceguide/supplierdirectory/canada.html

Here's a link to the ABC Cork Co. raisins:

http://www.abccork.com/NET/home.aspx

Click the category Additives - Wine Essenses, which shows packages of white and red wine raisins.

I have read on Winepressof a winemaker making hisown grape packs by purchasing 36 lb lugs and freezing crushed grapes in several zipper lock storage bags for use in kits.

As for elderflowers, I presume you mean dried elderflowers. George does sell elderflowers:

http://www.finevinewines.com/ProdDetA.asp?PartNumber=2416Edited by: dfwwino

Perhaps David Quebec could raid the St. Leonard Mosti Mondiale 2000 store in Quebec and ship us all some packages of "clothing."
smiley2.gif

i dont have problem with that ;)

im not just sure for the varietal raisin part.
i think they sell the same "pack" included in renaissance kits (or port, or all juice... well any mosti kit with raisins
smiley36.gif
)

i also have acces to white raisin from south africa i think (see my pinot bianco post )

so when i will be around MM2000 store i can go check for clothing
smiley4.gif
smiley2.gif

and i will get back to you ... but this can take some weeks or month.. i try to avoid bridges since they always come up with traffic jam.

hope i wont have problem with clothing :p

Don't you hate those big bridges going into Montreal david? I feel clostrophobic going across them even when traffic is good, going about 100-120kmph bumper to bumper. It's handy having a true international big city so close to you.

The problem is montreal is a big island. from south shore to montreal you have4 bridges and one tunnel all of them have either 2 or 3 lanes. so put only one car overheating or with a flat tire and you jam the south shore.

for the north shore... well there is more option but still not enough.

personnally i work on the same shore my house is so im ok. i can avoid all trafic since i take 2 nice highway that are pretty far from the bridges.
smiley17.gif

i dont mind doing 1hour of road to get from point A to B when everithing rolls but doing 20 minutes at 5km/h i cant stand it!

so i will try to get to the mosti 2000 store on week end or during the hours without too much trafic.

But i just received a nice paper from my local store and they offer a 12$ rebate on ALL renaissance 16L kit, 10$ off all "All juice" kits and other specials but i didnt notice because it was not on product i make.
so if you want to pack up on some kits just cross the border ! with the US money that worth a bbit more than Canadian money you should come here and pack some good stuff before christmas!

just to let you know, here you have a 7.5% tax on wine kits and i think the renaissance kits are about 98$ (before the september 12$ rebate)
too bad it dosent work on the limited renaissance kit of september (rosso Toscano or the yakima Gewrwurtz)

anyway montreal is a nice big city but i live all my youth in a 20K poeple town so i prefer being more in the small cities where peoples are much more friendly and less egoist.

Thanks was my 2 cents and a huge post!
hope i dont bother too much members here!
sorry if i do.

David

Edited by: david_québec

That must be a terrible drive with that kind of traffic! This would be me!
36_5_11.gif

Back