Cellar Craft Do the Showcase kits have metatartaric acid?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gekko4321

Reaction score
I am making the CC Showcase Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel. I am used to seeing the metatartaric acid included in RJS kits to prevent wine diamonds from forming. Do these kits normally have this or does one buy it seperately?

Have not gotten one in a few months now (believe it or not!) but none I have ever received has had any included.

Do you think it would hurt to add some from another kit manufacturer? Cellar Craft is not pre-added or anything is it?

No I don't think they are adding it or it would be on the label contents. It should not hurt anything.

The only manufacturer that I know that uses it is RJS and only with the EP series kits. Has anyone ever had a Cellar Craft kit drop diamonds?

I've never had a Cellar Craft kit drop diamonds ever. The only kits that have ever dropped are all the RJS EP and Winery Series as well as a few Mosti Meglioli kits. I don't think it's needed for CC kits.

Every one of my CC Showcase reds have dropped a small amount but it took them ~18mo and they had to go through at least one winter in the winery where the temps where 50-60 degrees for 6 months before they did. None of the CC Showcase whites have dropped any diamonds.

Wade said:
The only manufacturer that I know that uses it is RJS and only with the EP series kits. Has anyone ever had a Cellar Craft kit drop diamonds?  

Latest posts

Back