Discovery of oldest wine-making equipment ever found

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
way cool.

I guess it all started when someone had the bright idea of trying to store grape juice.... and the rest is history!

gee... I wonder if they used synthetic corks? :)

nice....thanks for sharing...and as for that single shoe they found...that had to be from the guy whose job it was to stomp the grapes....but he wasn't sure he wanted to work there, so he had one foot in the press and one out...precursor to sitting on the fence....whilst working he got into the bubbly and got caught so they threw him out and hence the remaining shoe

as you can see my imagination runneth over :)

way cool.

I guess it all started when someone had the bright idea of trying to store grape juice.... and the rest is history!

gee... I wonder if they used synthetic corks? :)

No but i think the guys name was Welch.. or something like that.... LOL

Have you seen how ugly some of those cave ladies were? I think I'd need a few drinks before procreating.

What your woman looked like before the discover of wine:
images

What she looked like after the discovery and consumption of wine:
raquel-welch-one-million-years-de.jpg

:ot: But who cares? WOW this place is like my site I moderate. LOL!! And since we're there I prefer Sheena of the jungle if we're going to Hi-jack this thread. Not that I care if it gets Hi-jacked because I'm used to it on rideohio.org :re Now she was a hottie! :se

sheena the queen of jungle calves legs muscle.jpg

"The vat, at just over 2 feet in height, would have held between 14 and 15 gallons of liquid"

The first carboys. COOL!

it is still possible that it was intended to be juice, but any juice that sits, either spoils or possibly picks up a wild yeast. also, if it were a winery, lol, it means that the production of wine dates back further, as the article suggests. if they were making 15 gal and couldn't air tight seal it, they must have been drunks! lol. that or had the best parties in the village!

it is still possible that it was intended to be juice, but any juice that sits, either spoils or possibly picks up a wild yeast. also, if it were a winery, lol, it means that the production of wine dates back further, as the article suggests. if they were making 15 gal and couldn't air tight seal it, they must have been drunks! lol. that or had the best parties in the village!

What else did they have to do? + they didn't have to worry about DUI's!

Oldest continuous winery in America Wades house.. hahaha

Very good article! Thanks for posting.

Latest posts

Back