Current Prices

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djrockinsteve

Reaction score
I thought I'd start a thread where we can post prices of fruit/juices/concentrates at the local Sam's Club, WalMart, GFS, Aldi's etc.

This way we would be able to compare prices at different places and times of the year so as to better plan a purchase to start a wine. As time progresses you would be able to look back and find sale prices on many of the fruits/juice items we use.

WalMart today had gallon jugs of Musselman's 100% Apple Cider for $4.49 each. Only ingredient aside from apple juice was asorbic acid. The specific gravity in the jug is 1.047 Adjust accordingly.

This is cheaper than buying apples and making my own cider.

Last edited:
Pure Chocolate Extract by Nielsen Massey
2 ounce bottles are available at McGinnis Sisters-Pittsburgh $5.29 each

Premiere Produce in the Pittsburgh Strip still has NEW ITALIAN 5 Gallon Carboys for sale at $25.00 each. FYI

GFS today had 5 pound bags of frozen Pineapple, Strawberry and Tropical Blend on sale for $6.99 a bag. Couldn't resist the pineapple. Bought 6 bags.

WalMart today had gallon jugs of Musselman's 100% Apple Cider for $4.49 each. Only ingredient aside from apple juice was asorbic acid. The specific gravity in the jug is 1.047 Adjust accordingly.

This is cheaper than buying apples and making my own cider.

Steve,
We also found this and are attempting a faux apple ice wine. Two gallons currently being frozen.....we'll thaw and extract the thick stuff and leave as much water behind. All an experiment.

Steve, Steve here:) I too have a few experimental wines. They all turn out great fortunately! Again thanks to everyone here!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just picked up some wine at Walkers in NY yesterday and I plan on making an Ice wine as well. Gotta dig up the recipe and directions.

Go to your local Costco.
I saw Apple Peach Passion Fruit @ 2-96oz jugs for 5-6 bucks (U need 4 2-pacs). I have made this 3 times over the last 3 years. I get 4 2pacs. I dumped 7-96oz containers and sugar to 1.080. The last one I drink. All you need to do is make a "nice" Peach f-pac for later

WalMart currently has 30 ounce cans of Pure Pumpkin and Pumpkin Mix (all the spices) for $2.50 for anyone making pumpkin wine. The larger grocery chains have it for $3.50

Amelia's Grocery Outlet Has Musselman Apple Juice Gallons 2 for $3.00 Plus the have sliced frozen peaches 1.5lb bags for 1.99 per bag. also have a .75lb bags of frozen strawberry/blackberry for $.99 ea. If you have one of these stores near you id recommend checking it out!

For the NS crowd, Noble grapes has a good sale on, 20-40$ off on wine kits, different brands, different rebates...

I just bought a Wine experts' Vinters reserve Sauvignon Balnd for 47$ instead og 69$:db:db:db:db

This week I bought the following at BJ's in Middletown, RI:

3 lb. Honey: $6.99
4 lb. Wyman's Frozen Blueberries: $8.99
128 oz. Wyman's Blueberry Juice: $7.99

*** Fixed the prices above (I was off on the juice price).

Bought 5x, 4x, and 1x respectively for my 1st: Blueberry Melomel.

BTW, The Wyman's Juice is 100% Juice, and contains Blueberry, Grape, & Apple juices

Last edited:
Walmart:

great value apple juice concentrate 12 oz - 0.87 cents
great value 100% apple juice 3 quarts - 1.87
great value juice concentrates - 0.87 cents
great value 100% cranberry juice same size as ocean spray - less than 2 bucks

only ingrediants are juice and asorbic acid

just bought some the other day.

for those in the winston salem NC area if you want pumpkin Wal-mart has them for $.50 each now so grab them and growl

Steve, Steve here:) I too have a few experimental wines. They all turn out great fortunately! Again thanks to everyone here!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just picked up some wine at Walkers in NY yesterday and I plan on making an Ice wine as well. Gotta dig up the recipe and directions.

When you find that recipe will you share it please?

In the most recent email from juicedeals this is what I found most interesting.
For those who are signed up for this email, Did you see anything else that could have been of use?

Whole Raspberries- block frozen, 2010 pack, FOB Portland
Price: 91¢/lb

Field Run Raspberries- Fruit is really nice, 2010 pack, FOB WA
Price: 85¢/lb

Schnucks has all Old Orchard Frozen Concentrates right now 10 for $10.

At $1.00 each, I am stocking up.

Niagara White Grape
Concord Grape
Apple Cherry
Apple Kiwi Strawberry
Pineapple Orange
Apple

BJ's (in RI)

Sugar 10 lb $6.59
RealLemon Lemon Juice 96 oz $5.39

Guess what I'm making for my #2...

Price chopper has white raisins $2.79 for 24oz (Think its a good price)

Back