Crystal Light wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a garnish, I seen somewhere you could get ice cube trays that look like golf balls.

Now were talking entertaining.

LOL

WhineMaker,

Thanks for the input. I'll try adding rum or whisky to the Crystal Light and see if it's the alcohol.

e-wine

Well...bloddy hell!!! My fiance is British and I think she was one of the ones that said there was a concern about the oil.

I might be wrong but That is the very first time I was able to see anything about a wine. There are plenty of references for sing spruce to flavor beer.

It has been noted. thanks for the link.

BTW - what does fermented milk taste or smell like?

Milk wine is extremly nuetral and when made right has a very high alcohol content. When it is young it taste very farmy/ yougurty but after awhile that goes away and reveals a proper nuetral alcohol. It picks up spices and other flavours extremly well too.

( : i am a believer

Sorry buddy. I think I am going to stick with smoking donuts, I will use something else for wine. LMAO!

I heard just about anything goes in Hollywood. Good thing for us it is like Vegas, it stays there!!!!

I aint saying nuttin bout nuttin.

By the way. It is a Fridgedare and I dont live in it, I live OUT of it. LOL

WhineMaker,

I mixed 1/3 whisky with 2/3 peach tea and allowed it to sit in the refrigerator for over 48 hour and I saw nothing out of the ordinary (although I will not try this combination again.) The whisky is 40 proof so that should put the alcohol content at about 7% which would be close to a 12 - 14% wine mixed 50/50 with c. light. This addresses the alcohol issue but none of the other issues occurring during your combination. I wanted to resolve this issue before proceeding with developing the "base".

e-wine

I started the base for the Crystal Light wine. I started with an s.g. of 1.080 and I adjusted the acid a bit and plan to continue adjusting as I go. I used the starter from my mustang red wine and went straight to the secondary since the bubbles pop as soon as the reach the surface. I did provide for a little extra head space to account for the increased bubble volume and saved some of the sugar water to top the batch as fermentation decreases.

e-wine

Just a quick note to anyone trying this. The extra head space is not necessary. Since the mixture has no body, the bubbles are not suspended in the fluid so there is only marginal volume change. This is with a bubble leaving the airlock every 4 seconds.

e-wine

I was just thinking of doing this. I think it would make a great (wine cooler) type wine. I think the Strawberry Lemonade would go over very well. I am thinking of adding the Crystal Light to Concord White Grape wine. It came out too grapey for my taste and was looking to do something with it. This would be perfect.

Back