Crusher

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nafarmboy

Reaction score
Howdy, Lookie Lookie what my wife had under the tree for me today. I have about 55 lbs each of red muscadines and bronze muscadines in the freezer.........looks like it is time to thaw them out and start some wine. :)
Tom

20121225_230839.jpg

Wade, didnt you used to fool with pumps a lot? What about a SCHUCO-VAC 130, did you ever have and experience with them?
Tom

Nice! I wonder how SWMBO would feel about me getting her a crusher for her birthday :)

Bob, I couldnt speak for your wife but I was really proud of mine...................give it a try and see how it goes.
Tom

Interesting question, Bob. How do you feel about celibacy?

I'm not a fan of the concept ;-)

I'm actually fortunate - my wife wants me to have everything I want. Of course that goes both ways.

I have half a dozen kits, not counting mist and Vino Italiano. Three in progress. I'm hoping I can be satisfied with kits for my "serious" wines. Consistency is important to me and I'm not sure I want to go through the sourcing process and effort required for wine from grapes.

Yet :)

Anyway, the OP's crusher is a cool tool!

Tom, Nice crusher, I'm a little jealous.

Bob, if she don't appreciate the crusher for her birthday, no worries, I have a couch you can sleep on, just bring the crusher with you when you come :)

Either way, if you get the crusher and she is good with it, your grapes will be crushed. If she doesn't like it ...

Either way, if you get the crusher and she is good with it, your grapes will be crushed. If she doesn't like it ...

You got that right!

How did your harvest do this year, Gary?

My back yard grapes with 5 muscadine vines producing did ok. I used about 40 pounds to make wine along with 113 pounds I bought from a friend in Malden who has some. Most of the rest I gave to friends and relatives for table grapes. My vineyard with 40 vines didn't produce any grapes since the vines were just planted this year. I think I lost about 5 vines in the new vineyard due to the drought, transplant stress, and one that was eaten by a caterpillar. I have been propagating vines and have another 40 or so vines to fill in the empty spots, give away, etc.

Nice looking crusher Haven't seen a hand operated one before. Where can one be bought ? bakervinvard

My back yard grapes with 5 muscadine vines producing did ok. I used about 40 pounds to make wine along with 113 pounds I bought from a friend in Malden who has some. Most of the rest I gave to friends and relatives for table grapes. My vineyard with 40 vines didn't produce any grapes since the vines were just planted this year. I think I lost about 5 vines in the new vineyard due to the drought, transplant stress, and one that was eaten by a caterpillar. I have been propagating vines and have another 40 or so vines to fill in the empty spots, give away, etc.

Hopefully the new vines will do well. When you're producing a few tons a year I might have to buy some from you to see if I can make a decent wine out of them.

SORRY for hijacking!

Back