Craig's list snafu

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
got on crags list day before yesterday I go on and searched my local area, a post came up for Salem, shoot Salem is only bout 50 miles one way the man had 12 cases cork finish wine bottles and 2 glass 6&1/2 carboys for $100, I emailed him at 11:pm the next morning I got a email from him saying I wrote him first so he denied the other 4 or 5 and anymore they were mine, so I called my brother to run me up their to get this killer good deal, my brother call an asked for directions,, low and be hoe Craig's list had messed up, the man lives in Salem ILL. that close to 500 miles away, I called him an told him how sorry I was and that I'd wire him some money because he had held them for me, he laughed thanked me for being so honest, told me DO NOT SEND HIM ANY MONEY an he was honored to have got to know me over the phone an emails,
not only did I feel like a idiot I am one to boot,
but he was a really nice fellow wine maker, said he was cutting back because of his age I took it to mean his mooching buddies were out of luck, just him and a couple ver old friends an a few of his own family that he liked, lol...
Dawg::

yes I did
he said no and sounded insulted.
so being the way I was raised I did not ask why,
and just thanked him for his time.
Dawg::

PS,,, by my way of thinking,,, that was an is his loss.
because this site and it's people are as fun or more so then the wine,
it's always the journey and not the designation that counts the most,
Richard:h

So, did you ask him if he shows up here once in a while and if he does what his handle is? Arne.

Latest posts

Back