Couple turns hobby into new Washington winery

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Several places here like that. I go in just to taste a type of kit they made so I can get an idea. But some try to bs me and say that they get fresh juice from California. Mind you title of wine is " eclipse Sonoma Pinot" or LE Oregon Pinot noir. " lol

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I can't say for sure it is that way in PA, but in NY if they operate as a Farm Winery (which I am assuming they do because it is much less expensive to do so) you need to source from within state. Those kits are likely made from grapes sourced from outside PA. But I am sure (right!) they already know that and would never do anything wrong.

I don't think it is misleading since it was a Pittsburgh newspaper and Washington is a county just south of it. It does sound like they are selling kit wines to me though.

In PA it is legal to source grape juice from outside of the state. However the wine must be produced within the state. So legally they can get juice from wherever they want as long as fermentation and the rest if the process happens within the state. The area I live has a lot of wineries that do this. Some other wineries look down on this though and advertise and are very proud of the fact that they only use PA grapes.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Latest posts

Back