Could I use??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gloo

Reaction score
My husband works at a milk plant and they make limonade. The pails that the limonade comes into looks about 5 gallon. Do you think it would work as a primary fermentor? Thanks

Yea most likely they would work to ferment in. As Dan mentioned you need to be carful fermenting 6 gallons in a 6 gallon container etc. You need room for the expansion attributed to CO2 and for stirring.

You could ferment 6 gallons among 2 buckets and if you wanted to you could combine them around 1.020 but not necessary

Lemonade!!!!!Perfect for making Skeeter pee. What more could you ask for????

I agree with ALL above responses. Your husband needs to bring hose some of that stuff and for you to ferment it. Does it have sorbate or benzoate in it?

If prisoners can make pruno in ziplock bags in the sinks that rest on the back of their stainless steel toilets, you'll be just fine with the lemonade buckets. They're probably food grade, since they contained food.

When you send your husband to work to get buckets, don't forget to make him bring the lids home as well. Good luck.

If prisoners can make pruno in ziplock bags in the sinks that rest on the back of their stainless steel toilets, you'll be just fine with the lemonade buckets. They're probably food grade, since they contained food.

When you send your husband to work to get buckets, don't forget to make him bring the lids home as well. Good luck.

klassy with a k...

I would make sure he brings home the buckets full :)

You're right. It wasn't very classy. Sorry. What I meant to say is that the buckets would probably work beautifully, and that some folks use far less appropriate containers for their wine making with some measure of success. I trust the OP will have great success with these food grade buckets. Also, I agree that the lemonade would be nice to ferment. I really only meant to encourage.

We knew what you meant and associated it with Target sounding French! LOL

have him get you 3 or 4 that way you can do a couple 5 gallon batches just split them up

Latest posts

Back