Corona Virus & Day to Day

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missouri, except for St. Louis City and County are mostly back open. Restaurants are getting customers, but only allowed to use 25% of their available space, workers are temperature tested every morning and must wear gloves and masks. I am taking a minor change approach to it all, continuing to mostly isolate, which is very easy for me, since I have been an at home worker for a long time, nothing really much changed.

Gov Evers of Wisconsin was overruled by the Wis Supreme Court and Wisconsin is now open. Several city mayors have already put the "stay at home" back in. Should be interesting to see what happens in the next couple of days.

My wife pointed out that the Wisconsin Supreme Court heard this case by video conference. Should we assume they will now go back to working in person today?

My wife pointed out that the Wisconsin Supreme Court heard this case by video conference. Should we assume they will now go back to working in person today?
From what I read this morning, just about all the major cities have put the "stay at home" back in at least until the May 20 or 26. So it just looks like the smaller shops (not malls) can be open now per Gov Evers and all of the rest will wait until at least one of those dates unless extended.

From what I read this morning, just about all the major cities have put the "stay at home" back in at least until the May 20 or 26. So it just looks like the smaller shops (not malls) can be open now per Gov Evers and all of the rest will wait until at least one of those dates unless extended.

Good point. I did not think of that. I now see that Dane County's Public Health Officer has ordered a Safer at Home mandate until May 26, so I suppose there will be no in-person Court work.

I was at Home Depot this afternoon and it was full of shoppers.
Checkout was very cool (self) you pushed your cart thought a plastic window the attendant on the other side rang your order the pushed your cart thought another port and their you are done.they accually had to hire people for a self checkout line????
And everyone had masks
Everyone.

Virginia begins 'Phase 1' of reopening tomorrow - except for Northern Virginia, where most people in the state live. I'm not happy about it, but it makes sense, given the population density, and our proximity to Maryland and DC.

Several if not all wineries in Northern Virginia are petitioning the governor to allow them to open. The requirements are one way in and different way out and the separation is 10' which is no real problem for wineries since they typically have tons of space. I get periodic updates from the owner of the winery we are building. If they are not allowed to open this weekend my wife and I are going to make a trip to Charlottesville which will be allowed to open.

Our daughter lives in Wisconsin and her husband was posting on facebook about their towns bars being full of unmasked patrons celebrating the court overturning the stay at home orders. They also plan to sit back and watch the natural selection process at work.
Mike

Now I get to return the invitation: If you ever come to visit her, we'd be delighted to host you in Milwaukee!

Thanks Paul, she's in Eau Clair and we're probably heading that way next summer. We'd planned for july this year but just doesn't look like that's in the cards now. We've been on the prowl for a newer used, west coast car to give to them but it may have to wait for a bit.
Mike

Several if not all wineries in Northern Virginia are petitioning the governor to allow them to open. The requirements are one way in and different way out and the separation is 10' which is no real problem for wineries since they typically have tons of space. I get periodic updates from the owner of the winery we are building. If they are not allowed to open this weekend my wife and I are going to make a trip to Charlottesville which will be allowed to open.

Hey @mainshipfred . Just ran across this and most of it is common sense, or commonly known, but figured I'd pass along.

https://wtop.com/food-restaurant/20...VVdOGGNTw5jpvDroE3a9bWlIvsxhiS5XrUBR-hLsD6G58

My wife and I love Charlottesville. We drive down there a few times a year. It looks like a lot of the wineries are opening up for outdoor seating.

I'm in Alabama where Fox News dictates state policy so out of 4.9 million 144k have been tested. Of those 11k are positive, with 473 deaths. That means 1 in 13 in Alabama likely are or have been infected, or about 375k just in Alabama if all here were tested. We have no way of knowing who is infected and who to stay away from so you should stay away from everyone. I went to Lowes last week and now I will buy online and have them bring it to the car. The only people there with mask were the employees, The shoppers could care less who they infected. It's the Old West here, you protect yourself because most here where I am honestly think it's all a hoax and the common flu is worse.

Gov Evers of Wisconsin was overruled by the Wis Supreme Court and Wisconsin is now open. Several city mayors have already put the "stay at home" back in. Should be interesting to see what happens in the next couple of days.
You are too anxious. Give it two to three weeks for cases to show up.
Wisconsin is generously being a model of what the rest of the country will experience after Memorial Day.

Back