Corona Virus & Day to Day

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone been out golfing at all? They have restrictions/group limits still or they back to 4somes?

Around here 4somes are allowed the rule is 2 bags on a cart but only one person in the cart and two carts per 4some. The one person per cart is kind of nice if you are the walker, kind of like having a caddy.

At Walmart yesterday my rough guess would be about 75 to 80 percent NOT wearing them.

I was surprised when I went to Micro Center on Saturday - they were offering masks and gloves to those that didn't have them. Wegman's is now requiring their employees to wear them and they've actually had them in stock and for sale a couple times in the last week, from what I've heard. I haven't been to Giant, Target, or Walmart in quite a while, so not sure if they are any different, but I'd say 80% or more of the customers at Wegman's were wearing masks today.

I've noticed Sam's club is loaded with things again yet the meat section is light, Perdue products are bulk packaged and traffic is gaining volume.
Older people who are the biggest part of my business Nate scared to death as well as noted to death.
HVAC work is picking up for now and the weather is good and mid 60,s no good .
Oh well my wine making for others has not stopped.😷

Interesting and it may just be that you never mentioned it but at our local supermarket there are staff at the self checkout sanitizing the station between customers so you are not touching the screen or the credit card reader (if you are using a debit card it asks for your password) and your groceries are not on an uncleaned deck where someone may have shed viral material.

Same at my Wegman's, but not the case at Costco - you're on your own. :D I keep a bottle of hand sanitizer in the driver side door of the car. As soon as I open that door my hands (and the keys they just touched) get hit before I even get in.

Around here 4somes are allowed the rule is 2 bags on a cart but only one person in the cart and two carts per 4some. The one person per cart is kind of nice if you are the walker, kind of like having a caddy.

How'd it go at the wineries over the weekend?

How'd it go at the wineries over the weekend?

Couldn't be any safer. Everything was done outside. They asked but didn't demand you wear a mask when getting your wine, bottle purchases only. We sat at a picnic table by ourselves and there about 12 other tables occupied. We're able to talk to the others nearby so there was some nice, long awaited socializing at a distance.

Things haven't been good for the American Indians, since we came to this Continent ( but that's another subject).
I've been installing UV light systems , they've been around for quite a while cleanrooms, operating rooms and homes. They help.

I've been installing UV light systems , they've been around for quite a while cleanrooms, operating rooms and homes. They help.

Actually looked into it when we had our winter service. Not terribly expensive, but we have two units so we'd have to double up.

OK, this is really getting serious now. Normally, I can count on Lowe's and Home Depot having Memorial Day sales that drastically cut the price of Kingsford Charcoal. A twin pack of 20lb bags usually goes for $20 (or more), but around Memorial Day, they drop the price to under $10 ($9.88, $9.99, something like that). This year, that $19.99 deal is marked down a whopping $3 to $16.99. Usually, I stock up at this time of year; but for three bucks, I'm not going to take the risk of making a special trip to Lowes.

Whining over...

OK, this is really getting serious now. Normally, I can count on Lowe's and Home Depot having Memorial Day sales that drastically cut the price of Kingsford Charcoal. A twin pack of 20lb bags usually goes for $20 (or more), but around Memorial Day, they drop the price to under $10 ($9.88, $9.99, something like that). This year, that $19.99 deal is marked down a whopping $3 to $16.99. Usually, I stock up at this time of year; but for three bucks, I'm not going to take the risk of making a special trip to Lowes.

Me too and me too! I.e., same on both counts.

Perhaps more interesting in the grand scheme of things is that I did not know it was Memorial Day weekend already. :slp

Latest posts

Back