Cornflakes Lager

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah... It's in the primary now. Just a few items to put away out in the farm shop and I'm done. I took my time with sparging this time, so I was only off a tad, 0.15, on my target SSG. A touch of pilsner malt syrup boosted it right up. Didn't take much at all. This will taste good this summer, hope I get another batch in before it turns really hot so it can age a bit before consumption. The whole house smells like Corn Flakes. :D

IMG_2628.JPG.

My crystal ball is a bit hazy, but, I am getting a glimpse of a future scene where someone falls off of his keto diet while wearing shorts. Sorry, that is the end of my vision....

:)

😄 My diet allows 2 beers or (preferably) two glasses of wine per day. I'm sipping on beer #1 now. The homebrew is excellent to have around after a hot, painful day in the hay field.

Still waiting for bubble-bubble-bubble but the cap is raised so all is well. I started it for a few hours yesterday at 21 C. before closing the freezer lid. I'm at 13 C. plus or minus 0.05 C., now. Since I'm only running the cooling side, the variation is more like 1 C. either side of 13.

@sour_grapes I did wear shorts outdoors yesterday! Bright sunshine and 58. I am sure my bundled up neighbors thought I was crazy ... and not the first time for those thoughts, either!

IMG_2632.JPG

I’d rather use quick grits… no salt and other additives. Though if you enjoy the final product, who am I to say? Cheers!

I’d rather use quick grits… no salt and other additives. Though if you enjoy the final product, who am I to say? Cheers!

Right. I did not like how grits or flaked corn tasted in prior batches. Not the same at all. This is my original grain bill, and still the best.

Back