corn cob wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnterryt

Reaction score
hello i dont know really where to post this question. i have a older friend that knows i'm dappling in wine making he said his brother-in-law used to get him corn cob wine aged in a oal barrel. brotherin law is passed on and my friend would like some Corn Cobb wine and i would like to help him out does anyone have a recipe? ive searched the fourms but havent had any luck thank you for any help

yes sir i found that on google but i figured that the folks around this forum might have a more refined recipe but thank you for your time sir

Jack Keller has one on his wine blog:

Corn Squeezins (Wine)

12 ears of corn
1 Tblsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp grape tannin (powder)
32 oz light corn syrup
water to one gallon
1 Campden tablet, finely crushed
1 tsp yeast nutrient
any general purpose wine yeast
Boil the corn, save the water used for the boiling, save the cobs after the corn is cleaned off them, cut the cobs into 1/2 to 3/4 inch pieces, toss them back into the water used to cook them, and barely bring them back to a boil and hold it for about 45 minutes to an hour. Remove and discard the pieces of cob with a slotted spoon, stir in the corn syrup, lemon juice, yeast nutrient, and grape tannin and stir until dissolved. Pour into primary, add cold water to bring volume to one gallon, cover the primary, and set aside to cool. When cool, stir in finely crushed Campden tablet, recover the primary, and let sit overnight. Add activated yeast in a starter solution and let nature do its thing. When vigorous fermentation subsides, pour water into secondary through a muslin-lined funnel. Attach airlock and let finish fermentation. When still, rack, top up and reattach airlock. Repeat every 30 days until wine clears. If not clear after third racking, add 1/4 teaspoon amylase. When clear, bottle (or jug) it and set aside a month. Mason jars are also acceptable.

Link

thank you very much i looked at the keller site but i guess overlooked it:ft

thank you very much i looked at the keller site but i guess overlooked it:ft

Keller's site is kind of a mess. He has "Requested recipes" which will usually pop up irst in a Google search. But he also has a blog where he posts lots of recipes, often improvements to the "Requested recipes," but which sometimes fall lower down in the search results. The blog also has recipes which never show up in the recipes pages. I have found some interesting recipes by just browsing through the blog.

I think he had a computer crash a few years back so he lost a bunch of recipes, but I don't think he's ever got his site fully recovered. Lots of good info on there, though.

Corn cob wine in oak barrel is just an awesome idea. Undoubtedly it is the connoisseurs choice.

Latest posts

Back