Clemens is a Yankee again!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Signing on with the evil empire is bad for him and them damn Yankees as the "old man" will not solve their pitching issues.

Roger is something else. 45 years old, and he still has the stuff. I hope I'm in as good a shape when I get to be 45... Oh, wait, too late. I'll be 54 next week!

paubin said:
Him and Damon...Traitors I say!

Pete

No ..Not traitors...Just realiazed that they were playing for the wrong team..
smiley36.gif

I know he will not solve all there pitching problems but maybe he will be the spark that the team needs to win...

He agreed to a one-year contract for $28,000,022 -- the last two digits matching his uniform number -- that will start when he is added to the major league roster for his first start, most likely in three to four weeks. Clemens will earn about $18.5 million under the deal, which will cost the Yankees approximately $7.4 million in additional luxury tax, meaning they are investing about $26 million in a seven-time Cy Young Award winner who will turn 45 in August.
So he will have roughly 20 starts so that is $925,000.00 per game he pitches!

I am a huge baseball fan. I for one am glad he is no longer with the Astro's as they are my Cardinals biggest nemesis although it was nice to have him close to go watch pitch. I am also a huge believer in Saber-metrics statistical data. If you go truly by statistics he is the greatest pitcher ever in the Major Leagues. Paubin should be a fan of Saber-metrics as well as the Red Sox manager Terry Franconaused this process to helpwin their World Series.

I used to be a Brooklyn Dodgers fan And my second cousin was thier road secretary way back((Lee Scott// actually leonardo Scotto))

Can I stay and play now?????
smiley19.gif

Back