Christmas Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone thought about a good wine for Christmas gifts this year? Its getting late and I am trying to figure out what to make and give away for gifts. Last year I made Calypso Bianco which went over very well. I am looking for a kit wine that will be semi dry. I could just pull something out of my cellar but they are already labeled. I like to make a Christmas message label to go with it.

I'm getting ready to make a couple batches of Concord from Welch's 100% Frozen Juice Concentrate. I plan to give a lot of bottles away this Christmas. I think it makes very good wine and doesn't need to age long.

You could do the white Grape and keep it dry, I hear it is quite nice...and doesn't break the bank!!! However, not a kit though...

Just a though.

That Cellar Craft "White Shiraz" sounds interesting. Part of the Sterling line that should be ready to go after a few months in the bottle.

Have not made it but perhaps George has some real world data on it or another.

Anything with the word "White" in it would work/sound great for an Xmas Wine I would think!
smiley20.gif

ibglowin said:
That Cellar Craft "White Shiraz" sounds interesting. Part of the Sterling line that should be ready to go after a few months in the bottle.

Have not made it but perhaps George has some real world data on it or another.

Anything with the word "White" in it would work/sound great for an Xmas Wine I would think!
smiley20.gif

I have made CC's White Shiraz. Not your typical "white style red." The spicy shiraz cuts right through the typical sweet and makes for an outstanding fast wine that ages nicely. Mine is 3 years old and still outstanding.

ibglowin said:
smiley20.gif

and then add a cherry...or maybe drop in some cranberries at the time of pour

runningwolf said:
... I could just pull something out of my cellar but they are already labeled...

One option might be to simply re-label an appropriate number of bottles...

Piesporter or Liebfraumilch. Very excellent off dry wines that go well as sippers or with a very large variety of foods. They would also be ready by Christmas if you started them this weekend.

Dean said:
Piesporter or Liebfraumilch. Very excellent off dry wines that go well as sippers or with a very large variety of foods. They would also be ready by Christmas if you started them this weekend.

AHHH two of my favorates.

runningwolf said:
Dean said:

AHHH two of my favorates.
Mine favorite too as, I like Shiraz and Merlot in sweet wines and it tastes awesome. Other than this Cabernet Sauvignon is also very good.

Back