Choke Cherry Juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zimmer2

Reaction score
I am purchasing off criagslist a 5 gallon bucket of choke cherry juice. It was juiced by covering berries with water and simmering for and hour, then let cool and drained. Nothing added.......frozen in 5 gallon buckets

I can find a lot of recipes for #'s of berries per gallon but how about the juice?

Is it better mixed with something or just straight up juice?

Any sugestions would be great

Dave

I would not be adding any water, just use the juice. check ph it should be around 3.5 - 3.6, check sg. If sg is not at 1:08 take some of the juice out,warm it up and add sugar to it and add back to your bucket, if sg is higher than 1.09 then add some water to bring it down. add some tannins, use your favorite yeast. I like to us 71B for fruit wines. And good luck!

I would not be adding any water, just use the juice. check ph it should be around 3.5 - 3.6, check sg. If sg is not at 1:08 take some of the juice out,warm it up and add sugar to it and add back to your bucket, if sg is higher than 1.09 then add some water to bring it down. add some tannins, use your favorite yeast. I like to us 71B for fruit wines. And good luck!

Thanks Julie for the insight

Your quite welcome, let us know how it turns out.

Your quite welcome, let us know how it turns out.

@julie

Man this is good stuff! Racked last night and had to try a sip [or two]:db:db Thanks again for the insight. Will make some more of this if I can get the juice again

Latest posts

Back