Chilean Grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know of a source for this in the Savannah, GA area? My hbs only handles wine stuff on the side so I doubt he will have ready access. TIA
paulc

It doesnt take them a month to travel here Robie. Most places take the orders and then order some extra. We send these orders to them ahead of time so they can respectively divide up and ship to each area appropriately. All in all it probably takes maybe a day or 2 longer then getting them from Cali but they take much more effort into shipping them and that can sometimes make the delivery even better then the shorter run due to this packaging.

Yes the grapes have been picked a month before you get them i dont know if it takes a month for them to get her but they have a harvest day on them and when i pick my grapes up its always a 3-4 weeks after the harvest day .They also come over on a barge.Not trucked in 2-3 days after Like cali grapes. 3-4 weeks after.Thats how its been for the last 5 harvest for our grapes and most of the suppliers around here only get them from 1 prime supplier.Like i said they are picked and packed very nice and stay fresh for a very long time on their journey.

Good info Rock. They are probably cold stored there for awhile until they have all that is going to be shipped ready, as it comes from at least 2 places and since there are multiple varietals some ripen before others and those like I said are probably sulfited and cold stored waiting for the other varietals to be ready to be picked.

Latest posts

Back