Chilean Grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Most places are now taking orders for Chilean grapes. Im going to order 3 cases of the Muscat myself, may also grab some Pinot Noir.

Are these fresh or frozen? If fresh, how long does it take fro them to get from Chili to the USA?

I have a pick up date of April 1rst. Sorry Robbie as I know that doesn't answer your question but its the best I can do. I would like to get 4 buckets of juice possibly including muscato, Gewürztraminer, zinfandel, Pinot Grigio or Riesling. Does anyone have any past experience with any of these or suggest another white.

Fresh, Dont know how long it takes to get here but I can say that for the last few years the grapes have been really really nice, much cleaner then the ones that come in from Cali.

I have a pick up date of April 1rst. Sorry Robbie as I know that doesn't answer your question but its the best I can do. I would like to get 4 buckets of juice possibly including muscato, Gewürztraminer, zinfandel, Pinot Grigio or Riesling. Does anyone have any past experience with any of these or suggest another white.

Have NOT seen Chilean juice in;
Gerw...
Muscato,
or Riesling.
The Red Zin is good BUTT, I would suggest the Carmenere and Malbec juice. If you can get the grapes get 1 lug of each and add to reds. Oak the reds and I put them under MLF as well

I see the Muscat but not the Gewurtz or Riesling at the place Im getting mine

I see the Muscat but not the Gewurtz or Riesling at the place Im getting mine

Yea Dan, where are these 2 ?

I stand on the reds I suggest!
Been there, done that. BTW the Red Zin was a medal winner

oh, I was looking @ the Consumers Produce one. Is this closer to U?

REPEAT,
Still stand on those reds. I also came in 2nd in a AWS tasting for my Malbec.
Save those whates for CA when they come in. You cant get the "other" REDS any other time.
Just my 2¢ worth.

It's closer and has a better selection. Its about a 100 miles away and there is another place I could go to half that distance but I like this place best (cool winery). Plus when I was there a few weeks ago I tasted some orange muscat that was to die for. They will have it bottled by the time I pick up this juice and I would like to get some.

Are these fresh or frozen? If fresh, how long does it take fro them to get from Chili to the USA?

Takes 1 month you will see picking date on them grapes,and usually do not come in until may.I will say they are picked and packed perfect.

Wow, one month? Since they are fresh, are they still firm after all that time?

Robie, they are refrigerated during the trip and delivered fast. These grapes come in looking premo!!!

Robie, they are refrigerated during the trip and delivered fast. These grapes come in looking premo!!!

It just doesn't seem they would, being picked a month before. However, as you said, I have heard nothing but good about the Chilean grapes.

Wade where do you buy from or is this a dark secret? Runningwolf, do they ship or is this pick up only? bk

Sprayed heavy with so2,packed with so2 pads on the top and bottom of lugs.Always have really liked these grapes and recommend them.They make very good wines.

It doesnt take them a month to travel here Robie. Most places take the orders and then order some extra. We send these orders to them ahead of time so they can respectively divide up and ship to each area appropriately. All in all it probably takes maybe a day or 2 longer then getting them from Cali but they take much more effort into shipping them and that can sometimes make the delivery even better then the shorter run due to this packaging.

Back