Chilean Buckets arriving

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vacuumpumpman said:
The Chilean buckets arrive this Friday... all 480 of them!
I can hardly wait to start to unload them !!

In case you were wondering - this is for our club and other members in the area

http://mchenrycountycorkers.org/

With that size order, ever think about getting 55gal drums of juice??

novalou said:
With that size order, ever think about getting 55gal drums of juice??

The buckets are for individuals and it would be too hard to pull out of a drum and separate. I do like the idea for me personally - maybe next year

Do you know if the juice is shipped to the US as juice or whether it is shipped concentrated and reconstituted in the US?

whackfol said:
Do you know if the juice is shipped to the US as juice or whether it is shipped concentrated and reconstituted in the US?

I am almost positive that it is shipped to the US as juice.

If you think about it, ask the question of your supplier. Mine says that is how his arrives. I decided on grapes to avoid this. I just was wondering if this is the norm for importing juice or just how his supplier purchases.

Yes I thought the same thing a couple of years ago and I ordered the grapes - and at that particular time they were all full of mold. I am sure they have changed their process dunce then - the juice is almost at freezing temp when it arrives

I could be wrong here, but I vaguely remember reading that the juice is shipped in bulk and then re-packaged in 6 gallon buckets in Canada (I think).

The Melbec and Carmenere are the two most popular. For $50 a pail it is well worth it. You can tweak the kits as you see fit. I like blending and making Ports with them in addition to making them as is.

With that said, you are making wine from juice that was not fermented on skins and so yes they will be a bit thin.

ShawnDTurner said:
How is the quality from Chile? is it worth the money? Please post your experiences?

After making a few kits, I did pails of juice last year. Sauv Blanc and Syrah turned out great. So great, I prefer fresh juice over kits now.

I like making juice from Chilean, because it is a great time of year to do it, not hot - nor cold and especially no bugs !!

I like how it comes out - of course I prefer grapes myself- but this is a no brainer. I have never done a kit yet ? But I cant imanagine being much difference.

Latest posts

Back