Cheap kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tori webb

Junior
Reaction score
My first kit I made a belvino. It's nasty.
Plain and simple. Could i now add 100%grape juice to the bucket its in to make it taste better?
Thanks in advance!

I would do a bench trial with a measured amount of the wine say a 1/4 cup and then add the grape juice a 1/4 tsp at a time util you reach the desired level. best is to run about four sample add 1/4 tsp to first, two 1/4 tsp to second, thee 1/tsp to third etc. do taste test, doesn't work continue with new samples. once done calculate addition to main batch at potassium sorbate and k-meta to insure fermentation does not restart

If you've already made it, I assume you mean it's done fermenting. You could blend it with a higher priced kit but I'm not sure why you would want to. Wine kits have differing price points and typically the higher priced kits produce better wine. Any Eclipse kit from Winexpert is going to be comparable to anything you'd buy from the middle of the rack. Belvino? Bottom shelf.

Yeah it's finished fermenting. Just want to try and salvage the horrible taste by putting juice in. So if I add juice do I add k meta and then bottle? Can I add a Campden tablet? Is that the same sort of thing?
Thanks

Well if you add juice it more than likely contains sugar and your fermentation will start again. It really depends on your taste. If you prefer a sweeter wine you could add sorbate then the juice and then bottle but personally I would just add the sulfite and let it sit for a month or 2 and see what happens. If this is your first wine I know it will be hard.

What is a Belvino kit? Which style wine?……
Hay type of Roma or taste does it lend to.?

Back