Chard

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Wade,

I never got a response from you about whether or not your new crusher can be adjusted to not crush the grapes at all and only destem.

If it must crush, can it be adjusted to just slightly pop open the grapes?

I am interested, as I have been reading about professional Pinot Noir wine makers fermenting whole grapes and am wondering if George's crusher can destem only.

Thanks

I have a similar crusher/ destemmer to Wade's (only different colors)and as far as I can tell, it is not adjustable- if it is, I would like to know how. I run everything through it. My Marquette passed a lot of whole grapes through it so I believe it is set to do average grapes just fine. The first batch of Marquette today had still intact berries when I pressed.

Dancer, I did not see any adjustment on it but must say it did a good job of crushing almost every single Chardonnay grape and they were pretty small which surprised me as I have never seen the Chard grapes before but I was reassured that they were proper size by a few friends.

Thanks Appleman/Wade,
I don't know I would ever try fermenting uncrushed grapes, but was just curious if it could be done with that crusher.

Latest posts

Back