cellar masters comp.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeswine

joeswine
Reaction score
WELL people heres how it went ,bronze for my raspberry,and my plum ,Honorable mention for the Niagara,45 entire in group 1,2,had 46 ,3 /Niagara had 144 entries,we as a group 4 of us took 1 gold ,1 silver and 3 bronze and 3 Honorable mentions what ever thats suppose to represent,but the readily neet part is that we as south jersey wine makers broke thought the California lines a let them know were here,next stop winemakers ,,,april.............i,ll keep trying...................

Well done Joe! Sounds like a lot of makers like to do Niagara. I like to do my Niagara different than others- nothing sweet for me with it. I pick them less than ripe, before the Niagara smells are overpowering. I ferment to dry and keep dry. It gives it a bit of herbaceous character which masks the overpowering foxiness, leaving just enough of it to let you know it is Niagara. Since I just make it for myself, I don't just duplicate what all the Finger Lakes wineries already do.

mine was sweet almost ice wine style lots of legs and mouth feel this was the first outing for it..............thanks

Great Job Joe!
smiley32.gif

well you know wade somewhere in these files we talked about judging and how it can change from place to place the one thing i know thats true is that i do the best i can always and keep trying winemakers next stop or does this one in Texas come first ? at any rate i like the challange...............

thank you ............i like the not knowing until the end and my counterparts keep asking did you see yet over and over........did you hear yet..............its fun thats what its suppose to be ......thank you......

Latest posts

Back