Cellar Craft CC Dessert Wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJB

Reaction score
Good morning to the forum.
I have been using CC wine kits, mostly Showcase, for going on a year now, and have been overall very happy with the results. Now I am considering the Dessert Wine kits. (The Orange Muscat and Classic Port look interesting.)

Can anyone comment on these kits? Are they up to the standard of the Showcase wines? Any gotchas? How long do they need to age?

I did a quick Search on the forum but did not come up with much info, which makes me wonder if there is much interest.

thanks in advance

Bob, in Maple Valley, WA

I haven't made the two kits you mentioned, but I have made their Porto Corinto kit... several times. Hands down (for me, at least) it is the best Port kit I've ever made.

Other folks have become hooked after tasting mine and now make it for themselves.

Hope that helps a bit.

I have made the Orange Muscat ....mehhh ....not great ....the Porto Corinto however, in one word... WOW! That is great stuff. Everyone who I have given a bottle to has markedly commented on how "REALLY" good that Port is. (five stars) lol
As far as aging... mine hasn't had time yet. It is only 3 weeks old and is already more balanced tasting than at bottling...but it was great right from then.

Incase there are any mods that dont know, Purple Toes is a wholeasler so dont worry about the link. WE can not buy directly from him so Im not at all concerned with the link at all.

Well... the responses seem clear enough, Porto Corinto it is.
Interesting thing, I googled "Cellar Craft Dessert Wines", and amongst other things, it threw up the vinecowine.com website. The Vineco site currently contains the full list of CC wines, from Classique through Showcase.
Meanwhile back at the ranch, CC's "Contact Us" page gives the Surrey, BC address.
A tad confusing at this stage. I guess what really matters is that we can continue to get our CC kits, regardless of where they are coming from.
Thanks for the useful advice, folks, and happy Monday ={
Bob, Maple Valley WA

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back