Cayuga

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanie

Reaction score
Appleman, I racked the Cayuga and the SG is .993 and it's delicious!
smiley1.gif
The peach, on the other hand, will surely put hair on your chest!
smiley3.gif

Hey Joan,
It's great to hear the Cayuga is coming along great. The peach on the other hand...... Probably better that it put hair on my chest rather than yours!
smiley36.gif

I just came in from washing my poor neglected filty dirty car and the Cayuga has already started to clear! You can see the line! It's going to be real purdy! =)

As for the peach... right now it could put hair on a day-old baby's chest! Uh huh!

My Peach wasn't drinkable for about a year, now it is wonderfull. It was exactly as you describe right after fermentation completed.

Dave, how far along during that year did you bottle your peach?

Joan, I have a 1 gal peach going, and it's been sitting for about 2 months. It sounds like yours. Mine is still bubbling and trying to clear. Are you going to back-sweeten? I was planning on using peach syrup from canned peaches???? I was planning on letting this one sit on the rack for a while???

I haven't decided and may not do anything but rack it every couple of months untiil it starts to mellow. I don't expect that to happen for 8 months at best.

Latest posts

Back