Care to share some skeeter pee reviews?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"" I am also curious to know what Lon's Pee taste like "" that don't sound right... What a brilliant name for this stuff . haha

Yeah ben your right... I have been thinking to much about using ReaLime for a batch instead of Lemon but I can't find the 48 oz bottles around here lol

Yeah.. I go to BJ's here for the two 48oz bottles for around 6 bucks but they don't seem to carry the Realime like this I can only find the smaller ones in glass bottles. I'll have to check some other places ;)

Drank way too much pee last night! Don't remember much of it, but somehow I woke up in my bed this AM feeling like I got hit with a truck! Good thing I was home all night. Wow this stuff is soooooo good!!!

Working on my first batch of SP - Need to run out for more sorbate and will be racking it probably tomorrow. I dumped a fair amount of slurry from some Welchs I had going at the time.

Took a sample this morning, added some sugar and did a taste test. (Taste testing before breakfast not the wisest choice) :d:d:d:d OMG, this is going to be so good for hot summer days!!! I need to already start some more, because I'm not sure the first batch will last till summer. :ib

I started a my first batch of pee this week. Used slurry's from a Syrah, white Zin, and Cab Sav. I think it's going to have a grape finish. I can't wait. It's time to add the last bottle of lemon, nutrient, and energizer.:db:db

My first batch turned out good........was a bit bubbly and unimpressing to begin with but has sure smoothed out nicely. Nice lemon taste, more wine than lemonaide........smooth and will sneeeeeeeeek up on you......will start my next batch with the slurry from the yellow plum I am starting tomorrow.......Thanks Lon

I bottled my 5 gallons last week into 1.5L bottles. Had a party on saturday and with just about every type of drink available, only 1 bottle of wine was opened and 4 bottles of SP were finished. I also gave away 2 to some fans.
First guy made a face until he realized it was more wine than a bubbly concoction. He drank a bottle by himself!

I will be doing more!

Dangit! All this talk of SP is not helping me be patient! I'm really looking forward to drinking my own pee! :p

Just finished making mine.. Bottling now..Tastes GREAT! WIll be making more very soon!

Quick Question

If i back sweeten my skeeter pee with 3 cans of rasberry concentrate and then bottle, how long will the shelf life be? I wanted to set some bottles aside, and not drink for a while, but wasn't sure how long it would last due to adding the concentrate after the fermentation has completed. Thanks!

You added K meta and sorbate first, right?

It will age like any other wine. You just use the concentrate as sweetener.

Debbie

One last quick question

Should I add the concentrate right after I stabalize and add k-meta and let it all clear together? Or should I wait till after the skeeter pee has been cleared and then add the concentrate? As always, I appreciate your advice!

I usually rack off the lees, stabalize, wait a week or so, then add the sweetener. Then let it finish clearing together. I normally don't add clearing agents. It's not always necessary. If I do have a problem, THEN I'll use it.

Debbie

Should I add the concentrate right after I stabalize and add k-meta and let it all clear together? Or should I wait till after the skeeter pee has been cleared and then add the concentrate? As always, I appreciate your advice!

Wait at least 24 hours after you stabalize to back sweeten.

Sweeten before you clear, otherwise it will get cloudy again once you back sweeten.

I just bottled my first batch of Pee last night... and I'm hungover all to hell today. :s This stuff is amazing, tastes just like a good lemonade, but the 11% ABV kicks you in the junk when you're not looking. So tasty.

I just bottled my first batch of Pee last night... and I'm hungover all to hell today. :s This stuff is amazing, tastes just like a good lemonade, but the 11% ABV kicks you in the junk when you're not looking. So tasty.

That's weird usually due to the low amount of sulfites you don't get a bad hangover.

Latest posts

Back