CANADIAN BORDER/ROAD TRIP

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
Expecting a major snow storm this weekend, up to a foot.....and frigid temps next week of -20*F...

We thought today would be a good day for a Road Trip...it got up to a balmy high temp of -2*F...so we made a dash for the Canadian Border to work on my Canadian Passport papers.

I am still a Citizen Of Canada...eh???..
Canada.gif

A Permanent Resident Alien of the USA...Yeah!!!..
USA.gif

The trip to International Falls is 160 miles [one way]...
Long...Cold...Lonely miles...

lonelySmall.jpg

Some big lakes along the way...

biglakeSmall.jpg

A little scenery at Big Falls....

bigfallsSmall.jpg
fallsSmall.jpg

Crossed the Rainy River, which is the USA/Canadian Border in that area of the country...and...wondered about the where-abouts of our Member...Jack on Rainy??? "Hi.... Jack on Rainy"...sorry I missed you.

The people were most helpful at the Canadian Services office....but, they had changed the application 2 weeks ago, so my attempts of having the correct papers and signatures failed...so got new photos, new papers...will file by mail......

Did a little Christmas shopping....
smiley4.gif

The folks at the Border Crossing on both sides were so nice...just asked us who we were and the purpose of our trip...then waved us through.....

So, soon I will have a Canadian Passport and be able to travel abroad...Guess after June you will need one to cross by car....Think now you need a Passport to board any plane...New rules everyday...

Good to be home...

goodSmall.jpg

You betcha....eh!!!!

That really makes me smile....
smiley4.gif
...eh!!!!!

Even the professionals say ..."eh"....pronounced "ae"

You know what I'm saying man.......eh????

I never did say that when I lived there...I don't think....
smiley24.gif

Nice warm temps for the road trip. Stark but beautiful country. I bet it is nice and green and beautiful in the summer though. You Betcha eh.Edited by: appleman

keep your stick on the ice eh, down here its you betcha...it must progress to eh the further north you go , although now and then i do hear...you betcha eh!
smiley36.gif
Ive been in MN too long, I cant remember what accent I have.

Minnesota translation....You betcha...eh!

California translation...You know what I'm saying, Man...eh????

It is a pretty stark landscape through part of that country on the way up there....On the GPS it looked like the road to No Where.....

Was hoping we wouldn't break down...no traffic except for logging trucks headed to the paper company in International Falls....Glad we got home before dark.

smiley4.gif

Edited by: Northern Winos

NW, next time you make a road trip, head this direction. It's a lot warmer. BTW, what's all that white stuff on the road, ground, in the water, etc?
smiley36.gif

The white stuff is going to be here for awhile....It's the real deal...Snow and ice...I could box you some up so you too could have the real deal for Christmas....
smiley4.gif

LMAO!!
smiley36.gif
When I lived in San Diego, my next door neighbor would drive his pickup up to the mountains every winter and bring home a load of snow. He dumped it in a pile in his front yard for his kids to play in.

I haven't seen snow for Christmas since I was stationed in North Carolina back in the late 80's.

Beautiful Winter Pics, NW....I always look forward to your winter shots!!! I miss it.

Ramona

Latest posts

Back