Vineco california connoisseur

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelesler

Reaction score
so venturing into making my first wine from a wine kit! Im using a merlot kit to make 1 gallon of wine.

Not too sure how it will work out, but fingers crossed! will keep updates on this thread and on on my blog!

Sounds interesting. Do they have larger 23L wine kits in Ireland like they do here in the states?

Looks like a pretty good score on the small demijohns you picked up!

Sounds interesting. Do they have larger 23L wine kits in Ireland like they do here in the states?

Looks like a pretty good score on the small demijohns you picked up!

yeah they do, but I'm over in Scotland at university so don't have the space to break out a 5 gallon fermenter. Sticking with the demijohns and 1 gallon batches just now. :)

Thanks, i was pretty pleased with the score on the demijohns. was in the local homebrew store today and they charge £8.95 for just 1 demijohn!

It's interesting that they do primary fermentation in small-mouthed demijohns. I would be afraid I'd get a wine volcano and from the active fermentation. Just my thought. Be careful!

Flem...

Back in 2007, when Vineco briefly sold a one Imperial gallon kit in Canada, the equipment package came with a small pail for the primary.

If I could buy one of those CalConn kits here in Canada, I'd probably know what the current instructions were.

But I agree that primary ferment is a mess waiting to happen.

Steve

Yeah, Steve, And I just noticed that it is stoppered with and airlock. OMG!!! :rdo :ib :f1

It's interesting that they do primary fermentation in small-mouthed demijohns. I would be afraid I'd get a wine volcano and from the active fermentation. Just my thought. Be careful!

i thought it was odd to have the airlock in straightaway but i am simply following the instructions and it said to airlock the demijohn straight away!

Latest posts

Back