Cellar Craft Cabernet - Shiraz

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcb54

Reaction score
Has anyone made the CC Cabernet-Shiraz? How does it compare with the RJ Spagnols kit?

I finished and bottled the CC Cabernet - Shiraz just a week ago. Looked real good and the wait is on. Never did the RJS yet. I just started the CC Walla Walla Cabernet Merlot last night, ever try that? Read on here somewhare that it was really good.

Hmmm...CC vs CC ?

I believe that Cellar Craft (aka CC) makes two Cab-Shiraz kits. Presumably you mean the one with grape skins.

According to their online catalog, Spagnols makes two Cab Shiraz kits. Vino del Vida and Cellar Classic (also CC). But not the Cellar Classic Winery Series, so no grape skins.

Assuming that I am correct in the above two statements, I would say that the CC with grape skins would be the best of the bunch.

Sorry never made any of those kits for myself. But we really enjoyed the Cru Select Cab-Shiraz that Spagnols discontinued in 2006.

Steve

I ordered the CC Cabernet-Shiraz kit from George today. I should get it Friday or Saturday.

I am going to start the CC Showcase Cab/Shiraz kit early next week.
I was a bit confused by the instructions -
The kit has 2 oak packages - one oak powder and one oak shavings. Are both packages of oak to be added at the same time? I figure they should be, but am not sure.

Those of you who made the kit - how did it go and would you change any of the steps?

Seems if bulk aging, one might consider adding some oak during aging.

Has anyone actually tasted the finished wine, yet? My hopes are up that it will be a very nice blend... I love blends, anyway.

Usually powder and chips (or shavings) are added at the beginning in primary fermentation. Cubes are usually added once your transferred into secondary and are held in for longer periods.

Latest posts

Back