Buon Vino Mini Jet Filter

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mississippi mud

Reaction score
Does anyone use the Buon Vino mini jet filter for racking? It seems to release a lot of co2. I know! I know! Wheres your patients mud?

The filters can be used for racking and they do a very nice job of removing CO2. I almost always use my SuperJet for racking for this very reason.

hi mud,I HAVE A MINI JEY PUMP AND IT HAS BEEN A GOOD INVESTMENT SINCE DAY ONE,,YES I'VE TRIED IT ,GREAT TOOL FOR BOTH USES ,I TRIED THE VAC SYSTEM WITH GOOD RESULTS,FILTER AND BOTTLE WITH THE MINI JET/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I used my mini jet for the first time to bottle last weekend - it was great - i did notice it seemed to extract some gas from the wine during the process - when you use it just for racking - do you filter it or just run it through the device sans filter?

Just want to add that even though the Mini Jet will help degas you will still need to use regular degas steps prior. I have had a batch or two still have a bit of CO2 even after degassing and filtering.

I am going to add one of those to my Christmas wish list and start filtering some of my Country wines after I have bulk aged for a while. Momma is very patient, kind and long suffering but 6-8 carboys of wine in the dining room bulk aging is just too much.

Is she losing her sense of humor about bulk aging???? You need to share more of you wine with her...lol..
smiley36.gif

I have the mini. I only used it once, but it worked well for filtering. I haven't quite figured out how to use it to rack.

put a tube onto the pump outlet and pump directly into your empty jug.

Back