Buon Vino Auto Bottle Filler

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the steel tubes is 1/4OD - 5/32 ID, the other tube is 5/16 OD -1/4 ID .
The plastic tube coming out of the top of the automatic filling unit is 5/16 OD - 3/16 ID, a 26” section came with the unit, I could not find any of this in my town so I found an adapter that would allow me to add another 20” of the 3/8OD tube. When I first hooked up the unit I only used the 26” section and it worked fine. I wanted to make it longer so I added 40” of tube and it would not work. I cut it in half and all was well.
I used 10 foot section of 3/8 OD plastic tubing from the jug to the pump. No reason why 10 foot but when I bought it at the hardware store that sounded like a good number. When I got home I wanted to start with a long section. You know it is easier to cut it, than add it back later.

I just made do with what I could find at my locate Ace Hardware. They sell severial sizes of plastic 90 degree tube connectors. I bet you could use this in a bung instead of Stainless Steel tubing.

Does the Buon Vino Bottle Filler have any filtration in it?? I am thinking about getting a filter next. Are you guys (and girls) filtering into another carboy and then bottling from it?

no filtration w the bottle filler but Buon Vino does sell two filters...

If you are using some kind of pump then you could filter and bottle in 1 application, if just using gravity they will have to be separate entities.

brent2489 said:
Does the Buon Vino Bottle Filler have any filtration in it?? I am thinking about getting a filter next. Are you guys (and girls) filtering into another carboy and then bottling from it?
If looking for a filter I use and like the Boun Vino Mini-Jet. I have more batches under that then you would ever make
smiley2.gif

Let me tell you about the Mini-Jet. My wines are perfectly clear. I am myself worse critique also. Well I also like toys as most guys do, so I got a Mini-Jet for Christmas. I just used it on my Piesporter and Gewürztraminer.

HOLY CRAP!!!! What was clear is now absolutely polished. I could not belive there would be that much more shine! Listen to Tepe! Its worth the money.

Kinda like giving it a "spit" shine ...LOL ! (some of us guys know what I mean)

I was thinking about the VinBrite Filter. Current finances do not allow for the Mini-Jet. Can anyone comment on how well this one works??

I wanted to let you know what I learned today.

You do not need to have the Vac. pressure at the max setting. When i turned down the pressure, the Buon Vino shut off easier when the bottle was full.

Bottled 3 kits today, it worked GREAT.

Thanks for sharing that experience Scott. I myself have often said I rarely use anywhere near maximum vac. Yes things might move a little faster, but I just feel it does a better job with less vac.

I received mine last week and have been playing with water and have found that setting the vacuum between 3-4" works best. Doesn't fill as fast but does shut off easier.

I to found the lower pressure worked better. As far as the gravity filter goes I have one an use t from time to time and it works fine but is slow like stated, about 45 minutes for a 6 gallon batch that is already clear.

I have learned from this site there are no dumb questions just dumb people that don't ask questions. So hear is one that I think I know the answer but want to confirm. Getting ready to bottle my first batch with my new vacuum and auto bottle filler. My thought was to run k-meta thru it wait 5-10 then run water to rinse the filler and lines. Thinking right or not?

I would just run some sanitizer thru and no rinse. The amt left will not hurt anything.

What kind of pump is this, a vacuum pump or a pump where the wine runs through the pump? If this is a vacuum pump then I just keep my hoses sanitized now in my corkidor.

It is a Vacuum Pump. And that was another ?. From what you said wade, you leave your hoses in corkidor with K-Meta? Any discoloration in the hoses?

I take a gallon jug with a k-meta solution and suck it through everything. Just make sure to let it run empty for a minute or so and tip the hoses to get 99% of the solution out and begin your operations.

Thanks all. My Wife got home of SC last night and this am saw the Vacuum Pump and Bottle filler downstairs. I just blamed all of you here.
Thanks again for all the help

Latest posts

Back