Buon Vino Auto Bottle Filler

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaudet

Reaction score
Ok, I got my new toy in this week. Thanks Santa...... Got here early too. I plan to bottle some blackberry in the next week or two. I know that you have this model Wade. Can you give me a step by step including what you do to clean/sanitize, bottling, fill adjustments. Any hints and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated. I would like to hook it up to my aspirator as well.

The instructions are not the greatest. It came with a wire inserted in it but no mention of what that is for if anything.

The hose with the wire inserted is used as a racking hose(cane) Insert that in the carboy, notice it has the anti sediment tip. Attach a hose from your aspirator unit to the small hose on the filler, put the filler on a bottle and turn on you unit. I put the adjusted the vacuum to around 8". Push the lever donw on the filler and it will start filling. See where the bottle fills and if too much, back off that little screw on top of the filler, if not enough screw the screw in a little more, its pretty touchy so dont turn it much(like a 1/4 turn) Have all your bottles ready cause it gos that fast!!!!! You will love this. You will get wine in your over flow bottle on your aspirator. Im going to adapt a gallon jug in between the filler and my pump by getting a solid rubber bung and drill 2 holes in it, 1 for the dmall hose from the filler and 1 for the hose from the pump so that all the excess doesnt get so close to my unit although there wasnt much, like a glass full after a 6 gallon batch. Id use a smaller bottle but it would be tipsy.

run a test w water first and fine tune if need be as Wade is saying

wade said:
Id use a smaller bottle but it would be tipsy. 

Yes, I'll be careful that the BOTTLE doesn't get tipsy...
smiley17.gif

With all of these postings about Auto fillers and Vacuum pump got me wanting some new toys, so yesterday I ordered a Buon Vino Auto Bottle Filler and just now was the winning bidder on Ebayon a Schuco Vacuum Pump. Hope to be up and filling bottles soon.
20091208_143928_schrucu-pump-2.jpg

20091208_143749_schrucu-pump-1.jpg

Congrats. I thinkthe aspirator isworth the cost just for the ease and speed of racking/degassing, but I bottled my first batch with the auto filler yesterday and - wow! What a time saver. It takes a little practice and adjusting of the vacuum and fill levels, but - whew, what a great way to bottle wine.
smiley4.gif

Thebottle filling speedgot my attention.
I have 14 carboys that will be ready to bottle by the end of this month.

You can be corking a bottle while the next is filling - it is GREAT. I bottled with the aspirator/buon vino super automatic filler for the first time yesterday, and I had 5 gallons bottled AND corked in about 15 minutes (starting from the moment I turned on the aspirator).

Scott, if you dont mind me asking..what is the model of the Schuco and what is the gpm on it...and lastly what is the interior dimension of the food grade hoses that are needed...thank you

Well, I still feel like I'm not as consistent with the fill levels as I'd like to be, but I think that will come with practice. There were a couple bottles I under-filled, but adjusting was easy. One was overfilled, so - oh darn... :)

Hi Al,
this is going to sound dumb, but I do not know. I just jumped at it on eBay and did not get the details. I guess I will be suprised when I get it.

Scott
smiley4.gif

Al Fulchino said:
Scott, if you dont mind me asking..what is the model of the Schuco and what is the gpm on it...and lastly what is the interior dimension of the food grade hoses that are needed...thank you 

I think this is what he means.

Hi Scott...not dumb at all..i went to ebay and saw a couple...thought i might bid as well

Scott, my friend near me bought that same model and loves it. I havent been over there to work with him on it bt I think he couldnt lock the pump so that it would hold a vacuum on it, not sure if its something he's doing wrong or if that model doesnt do it but with mine I can get a good vacuum up and then shut it off and turn the knob all the way off and it will hold the vacuum so I can see if the wine is holdig a ac or if theres stil too much C02 in it. It will do everything else though so if you want to do it my way its possible you may need a shhut of valve like a petcock on a fuel system for a lwnmower or motorcycle.

Thanks for the info Wade.
I will see what it will do as soon as it comes in.
Chrismas is coming early.
I cannot wait to see what Santa brings!!!!
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back