Mosti Mondiale bubbly Amarone

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doober

Reaction score
HI, i made a Rennaisance Amarone kit about 6 months ago. The wine was strong months after but now I tried it and it softened dramatically and it has bubbles around the edges of the glass that won't seem to go away. What is wrong with it?

It sounds to me like it needed to be degassed better. What tool did you use for degassing. I strongly recommend at least getting a drill mounted mix stir. i also use a vacuum brake bleeder after that as it has a gauge so you know when it is done being degassed. As far as being smoother that is what it is supposed to do, smooth out.

I made that kit a bit earlier than that into a port. I used chocolate and blackberry brandy along with the Ren Amarone. I didn't rush it. I degassed with my vacumn aspirator about 4 moths ago and bulk aged. I bottled some extra I had and the rest is still bulk aging. No bubbles and the taste is incredible. This is what I had opened tonight.

I guess what I am trying to say is to degas the best you can with what you have and then age it in the carboy a few months. The combination whould allow the gas to work it's way out. Now that it is bottled. If the bubbles bother you- decant it an hour or so ahead and let it breathe. That should lessen the bubbles and open up the flavor profile.

I bet it is still CO2. I use a drill stirrer to and have had a couple batches that even using it I still had CO2. I have found some kits you really have to beat the snot out of to degas. I did an Island Mist kit that I stirred for probably 20 minutes before I got it gas free. I have never had one degas in the 2 minutes or what ever the directions say. No where near it. I normally have to stir for at least 10 minutes.

It is virtually impossible for a wine concentrate kit to go into MLF. My bet is CO2. Go watch my online video for some tips.

Ah that reminds me, have this one down in the basement made back in November...may just pull one up for sampling today!

Latest posts

Back