Brew belt?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwhelan939

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used a brew belt on the glass carboy. It says not to so I figured I would check. I cant imagine it would get hot enough to break the glass.

Just in case it will not work, does anyone now how volatile K-meta is. I was thinking I could wrap the belt around my bucket of k-meta. This would atleast add some heat to my area at night. Any ideas? Last year I tried a little space heater, but it is nerveracking trying to control the temp. Right now I am falling to 66 at night.

I have used my 2 brew belts on carboys all through the winter here with no problems at all. Just dont wrap 1 around a cold craboy as the temp change may cause it to crack like a windshield with defroster in the winter.

I would say around 45* would start to be too cold to apply a heating element that heats up this quick.

We used our brew belt over last winter on the carboys also. Didn't have any problems but kept an eye on them a little closer. Good luck.

I keep the primary fermenter beside the fridge, there is a steady stream of warm air coming out there....Then when in a carboy they go to a cooler area...

It is so hot in here with the wood furnace going...and, then if the sun is shining it really gets hot in the PM.....

Guess I shouldn't complain....It's cool outside and unfortunately it is fall in NWest MN....

I don't like all this talk about cool and cold temperatures. It has been snowing hard for the last hour and a half- all day in the Adirondacks. It is building up on things very quickly. Then by Fridat we will have lots of sun and in the 50's.

I need to do MLF on some of the red wines and may need to use thermostatically controlled rooting mats. I can do about 6-8 at a time with them(each).

So then what are you b!tching about!
smiley36.gif

good morning all, use the belts with out any problems thats what their designed for ,good for starting fermentations with in the winter also if the area gets a little chilled ..........................can keep it going.....................................

Latest posts

Back