Brew belt

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billdean

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a certain brew belt that everyone recommends? I would like to get one for my 7.9 gallons fermenter. My house cools a little at night and I am hoping this may keep the temps constant in my fermenter.

My belts are powder blue colored. Available at my LHBS. I use a timer set to 30 minutes on, 30 minutes off, in a basement that’s 68F it keeps the bucket at 75F-ish. I keep them on for a month to get through MLF. I think they work great.

Is there a certain brew belt that everyone recommends? I would like to get one for my 7.9 gallons fermenter. My house cools a little at night and I am hoping this may keep the temps constant in my fermenter.
Have you tried covering or wrapping it in a sheet, blanket or large beach towel? My house was built in 1921 with zero wall insulation and the spare bedroom I ferment in has temp swings and covering it helps a lot to keep temps stable.

When I stuck a temperature gauge on my fermentors and carboys, I found that the internal fermentation temperatures was greater than the room temperature and fell within the range of temperatures that the yeast would perform well in. I'd suggest you try that to see if you need a brew belt or not. My gauges are the adhesive kind.

Back