Mosti Mondiale Bottling Day For MM All Juice Sangiovese!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well this could be the best looking batch yet! The flash has once again washed out the color a bit. Bottled this one up yesterday. This was my second All Juice and first red with no grape pack or raisins and boy talk about a difference in filtering! Almost like a white as far as filter time. Bottled right at 7 months. The left over glass was excellent (as usual) I think the hour it takes to filter and then bottle allows the wine to open up and show me what its going to taste like in another 6 months when its really ready.

This was also my first softer red. The tannins are already silky smooth and seductive. Nice hints of cherry are starting to poke through as well.

Get the pizza and lasagna ready, I have the perfect wine!
smiley36.gif

20100404_161413_DSC02526.jpg

20100404_161442_DSC02528.jpg

20100404_161507_DSC02537.jpg

20100404_161528_DSC02538.jpg

20100404_161542_DSC02532.jpg

Looks very good, as usual.
Must have been bottling day yesterday. I bottled 2 of mine, the freezer fruit & the 5 gallons of CC Malbec I had in the keg. That hour or so while finishing up does allow that glass to open up nicely.
BTW, I kegged the rest of my Red Mountain Merlot today and we left about 1/2 a bottle out, so we can taste it this evening.

Looks great Mike!!!!! I love your labels... I'm going to have to give them a try...
I have this one in a 6 gal carboy... It has been resting for a couple of months... I hope it is good!!!! I plan on using it for a super tuscan...
keep us posted,

I started 2 Sangiovese kits in May last year - the Alljuice and the VN. Bottled the VN after 4 months in the carboy and the Alljuice after 6 months. After a month in the bottle, both had already improved, but the Alljuice was still the favorite in head-to-head tasting. But that was almost 6 months ago - I may have to have another taste-testing.

I agree that the Sangiovese is a "softer" red, but I didn't catch the strong tannins you referred to. At last tasting, I have to say it would qualify as a strong table wine, but not much more. Here's hoping it grows into its potential!

My wife says we will never be able to drink all this wine!

Bart, soft tannins, not strong!

Mike, great looking label. I may have already asked in a previous thread, but what software are you using for your label making?

Looks great! I am so jealous! I am waiting on my first two kits to finish and I can't wait to get to bottling...and drinking!
smiley20.gif

Looks great! I think I will be adding Sangiovese to my "To-do" list

BartReeder said:
I started 2 Sangiovese kits in May last year - the Alljuice and the VN. Bottled the VN after 4 months in the carboy and the Alljuice after 6 months. After a month in the bottle, both had already improved, but the Alljuice was still the favorite in head-to-head tasting. But that was almost 6 months ago - I may have to have another taste-testing.

I agree that the Sangiovese is a "softer" red, but I didn't catch the strong tannins you referred to. At last tasting, I have to say it would qualify as a strong table wine, but not much more. Here's hoping it grows into its potential!

Don't know if anyone here still remembers George's "Drink One, Age One" special from May '09 (discount for buying a Vinifera Noble and an AllJuice kit together), but between the 2 Sangiovese kits I made then, I have one bottle left - the AllJuice Sangiovese. At six months and again at 1 year, all agreed that the AllJuice was a little better mouthfeel and and a little richer tasting, but both were good. Last night, my wife and I dusted off the last of the VN Sangiovese, and agreed it had improved substantially with another 1.5 years in the bottle. Same good flavor, but better texture. Once again, Patience is rewarded (or would be, if I had any of those bottles left!)
smiley2.gif

Mike, how did yours torn out. I want to do a Sangiovese before to long but I doubt it would be an all juice. Just haven't heard enough good about the AJ line. Nor the juice buckets for that matter.

Just "OK". Had high hopes but its two years old now and even after adding some tannin as a last resort long after being bottled its not something I will make again. YMMV as they say. This was only my 4th kit made.

I will probably give the RJS Winery series Italian blends a try in the future over anything else.

Latest posts

Back