Mosti Mondiale Bottling Day For MM All Juice Amarone!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, a question about the vin brite gravity filter. I read that you filter the wine from one carboy to the other, then bottle. Or have you worked out away to go from carboy to the buon vino auto gravity filler, already filtered, then to the bottle. Just windering on how you go about this, Thanks John

From some of what I've read on this forum the filters are not happy with having the flow start & stop. If that is the case, it would be better to filter and bottle in two separate operations. Those who know more than I may differ, but that's what I recall from other discussions.

Arden

Two step process for me. Filter into a carboy and then bottle. Once you get the filtration process going especially with a red you really don't won't to start and stop.

teamsterjohn said:
Hi guys, a question about the vin brite gravity filter. I read that you filter the wine from one carboy to the other, then bottle. Or have you worked out away to go from carboy to the buon vino auto gravity filler, already  filtered, then to the bottle. Just windering  on how you go about this, Thanks John

Well Done! Looks wonderful.. What time frame you looking at before you uncork one?

Mike, very nice!!!!And all the kudos about this Amaronne is right on.

Update:

Cracked open the first one this weekend! This guy is right at 13 mo old. Let it air out for about 40 min. Have to admit I was very impressed at the flavor and complexity of this one. I thought it would not be this far along but was very pleasantly surprised. An excellent wine that deserves all the accolades it gets around these parts!
smiley20.gif
smiley27.gif

Now to ration myself to one bottle a month!

A bottle a month is pretty strict, Mike. SWMMBO and I go through at least 5 bottles a week.

;)

Thats a bottle of the "good stuff"! I now have 3 whites that are all drinking nicely as well as 3 reds with about one a month hitting the 13 month mark so little by little I will have more to pick and choose from.

Just another reason I brought back 4 cases from the Summer Winery Road Trip! I probably have about 150 bottles of commercial stuff on the racks to help me through this difficult time period!
smiley36.gif

That way I am not tempted (as much)!

Update:

Had a bottle of this tonight with pasta with red sauce and Italian sausage.

18 months old now. Simply amazing. Really smooth tannins. Nice finish. Somehow I still have about 18 bottles even after giving a bunch away for Xmas. Made this guy by the book with no deviations.

Pretty darn good stuff.
smiley17.gif

I think I have a bottle of this in my basement from Rich along with a bottle of the Renaissance Amarone.

Latest posts

Back